This is fake, right?!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by DickTheNickhead, Apr 25, 2013.

1. DickTheNickhead

DickTheNickhead New Member

Attached Files:

2. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

It is very much a hoax. It is over a year old. Glock has no interest in 1911's

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Let's just say it would be

very unlike Glock to have two

dependable, time-tested safeties

on one pistol ...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Maybe if it weren't a hoax I would finally consider buying a Glock. :)

5. bigjim

bigjim New Member

^^^^ Same here.

Jim

6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I think it's uber cool, but yes, a definite fake. Think I saw a post about this 2 years ago when I first started getting into handguns.

7. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Yes it's a fake. Glock is not smart enough to make a 1911.

8. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Cheaper Than Dirt put out an article last April saying that Glock was gonna release a 1911 this year. Not sure if they will tho...

image-1263097540.jpg

Looks like they found a way to make a 1911 ugly.

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I think it's gorgeous! Can't help it, my two favorite gun platforms in one. Now if only they had that grip angle of standard glocks I love so much. Really dog the square slide on a 1911 frame with a hammer. This truly is my perfect gun! I need to save up and have one made somehow!

10. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Ur killin me man..... ;|

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Lol

Worst pay is I'm being 100% genuine. The only reason I don't like my Glock is the lack of safety and double stack mags. Because of these the 1911 is my number one, but Glock still follows closely. I would kill to have one of these functioning!

But I've always liked the unlikeable. It's my thing I guess. Abnormality attracts me, perhaps visa versa as well.

12. 4tsmith

4tsmith New Member

NO HOAX....This was a response to DD-6661911-4-1-2012,for revised SOC 45 caliber personal sidearm/GLOCK.
    (revised specifications)
    A)Revised grip angle to provide repeatable point of aim.
    b)Improved grip diameter to make firearm usable/comfortable for more than 50% of users without alteration or modification in field.
    c)Improved safety systems to prevent excess negligent discharges from existing safe trigger style system.

After extensive testing the DOD rejected the gun because:
    1)The slide made the firearm top heavy,clumsy and increased the recoil impulse.
    2)The firearm consistently under performed when measured against a rusty Vietnam era 1911a1 retrieved from a mud hut in Kabul.
    3)Testers conditioned to the traditional Glock platform complained that the safety controls made
    it too difficult to operate the firearm while chewing gum or without using a check list.
    4)The manufacturer could not meet the requested bid because:
    A)Retooling to make a firearm without recycled Tupperware and cheap stamped steel parts would be cost prohibitive.
    b)The government of Austria would not issue export licenses due to invasion threats by American terror groups.(ref:glockstalker.com,glkfnboyzrus,glockophile.org,(etc)
    (Any copyright infringement of web names is unintentional and used for reference purposes only)

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Was it April 1st? :D

14. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Would that article have been posted on April 1st.?

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

The true test as to the authenticity of the pistol would be if it attracted a magnet, then it couldn't be a Glock. If it is microwave safe, it probably is a Glock.

16. 4tsmith

4tsmith New Member

All the information is contained in the request number.

I know it's true because it's on the internet.(@YobamaTruther.commie)No BS...really.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

"a mud hut in Kabul"---LMAO!:D

18. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Last April first? ;)

19. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Yea probably lol.