This is effed up

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zhuk, Oct 8, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

<Rant starts...now>

[​IMG]

australia-double-up-with-trap-golds

Not a single minute of coverage of a perfect score...but every damn second of bloody swimming. Officially very pissed off :mad:

<Rant ends. Thank you for your time>

2. AusLach

AusLach Active Member

I hear ya, I had to look this up on the net after briefly hearing about it on the news. And I'm so f-ing sick of swimming:mad:

I'll add my own little rant as well I think:

I'm bloody sick of seeing some of the Aussies standing on top of the podium and not singing to the National Anthem... I mean even the representative footy players sing these days, you'd think that gold-medal winning athletes could as well.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's just typical. Similarly, we rarely ever get coverage of the Hand Grenade Catching event over here.

4. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Well that's just wrong! :eek:

5. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Folks its even worse than you think!

In the last 18 months I've had to fly to Sydney 3 times, spent a total of 6 weeks in the area and not once did I hear any mention of Steve Lee.

To the average Yank Paul Hogan would be the best known Aussie. In September the news over there was full of his tax troubles, being kidnapped by the AUS govt. - held in country against his will and all. But not one word about Steve!

IMHO you gun people over there gotta get behind that fella. In certain circles over here he is becoming something of cult hero. Besides, he is a heck of a nice guy.

I really like your country and the people. But the world needs to be rid of two things, Anti-gun politicos and Vegemite! ;) Ken

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You won that a few years back didn't you?

7. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Gun has become a dirty word in both our counties my friend. Sad but true.

8. Datam

Datam New Member

All part of the UN's social engineering plan to demonise gun sports and gun owners.

9. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Forcibly stuff the politicians with the vegemite and your problems are solved...... ;)

Every Olympic Games is the same - nada on the shooting events, but they show every danged second of running, swimming and gymnastics. Now I like to watch those young scantilly clad cuties too, but please, SOME coverage of the 'manly' events would be nice! :eek:

10. zhuk

zhuk New Member

There was a brief mention of Steve Lee back in Jan when his video went massive on youtube> "I Like Guns" Song Becomes YouTube Hit Video but naturally the story became a vehicle for that batsh1t-insane John Crook to spread more astoundingly false off-the-wall anti propaganda:

OMG Fun & non-violent! What the f*ck am I doing every weekend? :eek:

It is true Steve Lee is far more lauded and appreciated/admired overseas than he would ever be here. The numbers just can't compare...shooters here are a tiny [maligned] minority at about 5% of the population.

(Oh, and I'll overlook that vegemite remark, just this once lol)

INDEED :(

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  11. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

You kidding? He won it 3 times. :cool: