This is disturbing

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by M14sRock, Aug 8, 2010.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Unless there is much more to this story, I find it very disturbing.

Seeing her padded bra through a T Shirt that got wet because of one of their water rides is an offense worthy of arrest, but wearing a bathing suit (Bikini top?) around the park is perfectly fine?

This makes no sense, and yet over-reaction likes this seems to be getting more common.

Janet Lovett Suing After Wet T-Shirt at Florida Splash Park Leads to Arrest

2. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

That kind of crap is effing pathetic! Truely, what crime? And to be arrested for resisting arrest for not having ID? Based on the info in the article(which is usually only half the story anyway, she should easily win a lawsuit.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Effing BS!!! In Texas it is legal for a woman to walk around completely topless. This practice is actually encouraged in many cases.

The officer apparently over stepped his bounds, IF the story is accurate.

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I heard about this story this morning. Just from what I've read and how it was reported I'm gonna wait and see what the afternoon or evening news presents. It just sounds too outrageous to be believable at first glance. :confused:

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I strongly concur, the practice is encouraged here in Oklahoma as well, but alas, few takers. :(

Sorry, the officer was a moron, if the story was indeed accurate.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

This one, if true; definitely rates a WTF!!

City official.....Wrong!!

Arresting Officer......Wrong!!

Tax payers paying for a lawsuit.....Most Likely!

7. bcarroll

bcarroll New Member

I think you have a valid point. I will do the same? Something seems to be missing here.

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

This makes no sense.

Do you think the officer might be racist?

Maybe the lady showed more than they let on?

Maybe the lady did more in the parking lot than they let on?

Makes no sense. :confused:

9. neil-v1

neil-v1 New Member

That has to be the most crazy thing I have seen in some time.

10. amoroque

amoroque New Member

LOL

I totally agree, like M14sRock said, how can it be ok to wear a bikini, but exposing a bra isnt?

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

There appears to be a "rest of the story". I heard this was the third time she has done this at the waterpark. Reportedly, she was not wearing a bra. The park owners asked her to leave and called the police because she was not wanting to leave. She was approached by an officer in the parking lot and she refused to identify herself. She resisted arrest for failure to ID.

Should the police have been called at all? Maybe not. Should the officer have pushed the issue? Maybe not. Was she a hot headed Latina biotch? Maybe.

12. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

"We have never been able to get any answers from the city," Marks said. "I don't know what database they could be putting her in. It is either a wet T-shirt database -- if the city is maintaining one of those, that's an entirely different story -- or an illegal alien database."

I don't know about other agency's but mine I would be expected to ID her for my report. Who is to say the officer was not given different info then what was in the new article. No only that but went was the last time the news wrote a story that showed the LE being in the right, they do not like the cops what a surprise :eek:. I do not have anything bad to say about the LEO because I do not trust most news sources. The PA dropping charges is not that surprising, they have a lot of cases and only go off the written report. No time, limited info and pressure from public/media I can see them drop the case like a rock:mad:.

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Rather there is some info missing in this story or that officer was really stupid. I mean, what LEO says you are resisting because you didn't show ID fast enough? If she said it was in her car then it was easy to clarify. The only thing I can see is the officer wanted to check her status as a citizen but even that should have been easily cleared up with a trip to the vehicle that she was going to to begin with.

I fear that this is going to be a case of profiling before it's all over to shove another nail on the Az. law coffin. I can see it now people screaming it would not have happened if the woman was a WASP.

14. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Clearly those cops have never been down to South Beach. They don't wear anything more than a little g-string. Topless sunbathers are quite common. I saw one beautiful Latina gal shuck her bathing suit altogether at the beach shower to get the sand off of herself. It was a wonderful thing to behold. :D

This case is pure crap!!! :mad: I hope the woman with her lawyers breaks it off in those clowns with her lawsuit.

15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

There are always two sides.

I went back to see what came up in searching news stories on this, and the same thing was in every one of them.

They all said her "T" shirt got wet at a park water ride, and her PADDED BRA was exposed. Several websites, and news outlets say that.

Maybe there is info we don't have from law enforcement sources that would complete the puzzle. I'd like to know more.