This is bugging me

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by woody63m, Apr 5, 2012.

1. woody63m

woody63m New Member

So ive noticed that we have had a younger member join eariler this week and it seems to me that some people are being very short with him. Remeber he is a kid have some patience teach him something if you can, and i dont think him relating guns to mean adults is a good thing.
    Thank you

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

3. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

The last thing we should do is make young people feel unwelcomed here, we don't want to turn people away from the 2nd Amendment based on our behavior; that'd be playing in the hands of those who want to take that right away.

4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

...and that is why I like this forum, and most gun owners in general.

5. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Whys that??

6. unclebear

unclebear New Member

yep I agree, I like teaching the youth about guns but they have to have respect and the willing to learn. I don't know who you are talking about but by joining here I guess he's willing to learn so I say we teach what he needs to know within reason and help him like we do with all other members.

7. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I agree that its good for him to be looking for advice and wanting to learn. My thought is.. because of his age, are we allowed to teach him without parental consent?
    As most of you have read my thread earlier this week about teaching my niece and the issues I was having, the law states that you must have expressed consent from a parent or guardian. Does this stand for giving advice on the internet as well? Does his parents/guardian know that he is on this forum and do they consent?

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I think the person in question here is over the age of 18. But I think anyone joining here should be respectful of others as well.

9. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Its kaleb i just sent him a PM to see if he would come back but it said he is not recieving messages anymore hope he is okay

10. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Is he the one who keeps posting kaleb mw3 every time he starts a thread? Yeah, if he's here to learn, lets teach him. Remember guys, he is a kid, so don't expect him to have a thick skin yet. Also, it looks like some of the knowledge/interest he has comes from call of duty, so go easy on him.

11. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Oh ok. I seen a kid floating around the other day with the username"13andlovingguns". I assumed it may have been him/her that this was about.

With the person I thought it may have been, or anyone on the forum under the age of 18... my question still stands, For my own curiosity. Is there any rules/law against this? With my limited knowledge compared to most members here, I'd still be more then willing to chime in if I am able to. I'd just like to know if it is allowed.

12. FatTire

FatTire New Member

I don't know much about rules and laws, but I do know this about virulent myths, violence, and derision... Sunlight is the best disinfectant

13. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

I can agree ulyes its beneficial to teach by far ok agreed, however i dont know of what juvenile you speak of in particular. Its ok if hes just not knowledgable but if hes being a nuisance and a bother that could be a different story. Some kids view guns as a joke and like life if going to be a video game with them and theyre all going to be rambo in call of duty. For instance, one of my gun stores im a regular at was telling me some kids called that day asking what the best gun to kill a jew with is -.- i mean really? Just saying--- all in prespective but it is nice to see cooperation on here cheers gentleman. -and for the record im not bashing the youth, im 20 years old.

14. FatTire

FatTire New Member

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Ladies and Gents- your concerns and empathy for the young folks are very touching- seriously. Yes, Kaleb is the party in question.

I have communicated with Kaleb- due to his VERY young age, it is contrary to regs to have him posting here. He has been invited to READ, and to ask questions of myself or any of the other mods. However, we have had to give him a few years "time out" to let him grow up some.

Kaleb is 10 years old.

When we DO have young members (you have to be at least 13) please DO remember you were a kid once- and that in a few years, the KID will be a VOTER.

16. akm47nagiont

akm47nagiont New Member

I've met some pretty immature 13 year olds

I'm 17

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

lol, I've met some EXTREMELY immature 70 year olds. :)

Just one of those things. I'm still a scared little kid myself, even considering the things I've seen and done, not to mention the crap I'm dealing with right now. And I LOVE peeing and mooning from interstate overpasses...

18. Model70

Model70 Member

Hell, I'm pretty immature and I'm 28!

I'll tell ya though, gotta raise them right.

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I agree that we need to have patience with our young people here. We need to stress to them the importance of firearm responsibility and safety foremost, especially the ones that always refer to MW3 or other video games. In Call of Duty its all fun and games where you get to use cool guns and take out the bad guys,there is no real world safety responsibilities. We need to teach them that real firearms arent like the video games and require extreme attention, then teach them the fundamentals of firearms safety.

20. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Betwixt.......

A fork in the road,Youngsters trying to find themselves and old farts that wish they were starting over........LOL........ My wife gave up using the word immature when in ref. to my behavior, now she uses A H ........:eek: :)