This is a travesty!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Feb 28, 2010.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

This is the reason I went with Samoas...

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Yeah, I have 12 boxes of samoas. :D

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I just ate half a box of the peanut butter things. They're like a Reese's with a cookie added. :)

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Reminds me of a joke ...:eek: Can't tell it here:D

Belay that, not safe at all.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Tagalongs.........Mmmmmm..........

7. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

They already sold girlscout cookies? Ah....I didn't even see them anywhere.:mad:

8. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Tagalongs, Thin Mints, and Samoas. Yum.

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Obviously one of the batches of cookies not made from real Girl Scouts!

10. MGH

MGH New Member

The real travesty is it took 8 posts until thin mints were mentioned! :eek:

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, there IS that restraining order thingy about staying 500 ft away from..............:rolleyes:

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I didn't get any this year. I'm getting tired of the price going up and the box getting smaller.

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Different parts of the country have cookie sales at different times. This keeps the factory going nearly year round. It is funny that the names change for different parts of the country. We do not get "Samoas" or "Tagalongs" here.

14. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Just go shopping.. The GS's are all outside the stores and shopping centers. Especially at Wally World. At least in my town.. Not buying them much anymore here since the price keeps going up and you are getting fewer cookies in the box..

15. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Robo, it must be just in your area. We get Samoas out here, Scubie is addicted to them. Me, I am powerless over the thin mint, the thin mint controls me. I have even found a close substitute for them that is available around Christmas, I don't remember who makes them, but the are called "Winter Mint" cookies.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  16. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Tell me about it! Hell, I could buy a millinium issue 1911 with what she spends on cookies :p

hee hee heee just kidding dear :D:D

17. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Are the Samoas the ones with coconut? Here they call them Carmel Delights. The peanut butter sandwich cookies are called just that. The chocolate covered PB ones are called Peanut Butter Patties.

I bought a case of a variety and took them home. I told everyone that was all there would be this year. They were all gone in about two days. When I am asked to buy more by the girls freezing their collective butts off outside the local stores, I tell them I bought a case and have a nice day.

18. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Robo. I stand corrected. Scubie did the buying this year and I hadn't even opened the box. I figured that if I didn't look at them, they wouldn't start calling my name. Well, he told me that I owe you an apology and then showed me the box and it says "Caramel Delights." When did they change the name? Is Caramel Delights more PC than Samoas? They taste the same. How about the "Hawaiian" Blizzard at DQ? Are they going to change that name too?

Groveling --- Forgive me Sir, please. :eek:

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Since Samoa is an American Protectorate and Hawaii is a state, I would say that the Hawaiian Blizzard is gonna stay the same....LMAO! :p

20. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Several large bags of miscellaneous GS Cookies was just left in my office. Gonna be a good day.....