this is a horrible April Fools :(

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by saviorslegacy, Apr 1, 2010.

1. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

April fools is like the internets national holiday for the internet.
    So far I have not seen ANY big jokes. I have searched and I have seen nothing!
    Have you guys seen anything today?

2. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

Good god... I spoke to soon.
    All of the icons are screwed up! :confused:

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I keep hoping the joke was in November of 08 and someone is going to pop up on Fox news and say "April Fool!!!"

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Have you hit Google's homepage??

They do a giant April Fool's Joke every year.

This year's kind of sucks, but eh. You can only hit so many home runs....

5. orangello

orangello New Member

6. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I thought the Topeka thing was a joke, but apparently they have a LOT of people convinced :D

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You should do some research on the response to Google's new "get High Speed Interwebz ANYWHERE by flushing this free fiber optic cable down your toilet" plan. I think it was 2007 or 2008.

April Fool's Joke - of course, but they received so many responses from people who wanted to sign up for this "free beta program" that it crashed Google's "backup" server they were using for the joke.

That is a LOT of traffic.... LOL

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

On Army.mil today, they published a realistic looking article about plans to move the Pentagon (the building & staff) to Kansas...

9. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

Some of the techier April Fool's jokes were pretty decent. My favorite was the RFC proposal for a Ccc field to the email RFC. A Cosmetic Carbon Copy includes the recipients in a field but they actually do not get the actual message. :D Similar to a Bcc, where the recipients get the message but they are not listed. ;)

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

OK, I have no Idea what you said.

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Funny. Move the building...that would be a feat and a half and then some. LOL.

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

One of my favorites was on a CNC Programming site a few years back.

Fanuc was fed up with other control mfrs 'robbing' their formatting and canned cycles. Fanuc decided to equip all owners of their controls with a software upgrade that would meld all C-axis and A-axis programming thus eliminating any need for B orientation. This would save their customers at least one line of programming and confuse competitors thus making their customer programming more streamlined and less confusing. I found it hilarious.

13. Shihan

Now my head hurts.:eek::confused:

14. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I had fun at work tonight. One of my employees went to the restroom and asked me to watch the front desk for them. Big mistake! While she was gone I lifted her cash box out of the drawer. I took half of the tens out and put them in the dawer. I put the cash box back in on top of them. I left a note that says, "April Fools" on the tens under the box.

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

An oldie, but a goodie!

Formatting canned cycles! Gets em every time!!

Okay, I also have no idea what that means, but I'll bet it has something to do with the hot chick on Star Trek.:confused:

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Google ain't nothing compared to another gun forum (AR15 Forum) had a write from Accurate Reloading forum had an April Fools joke that members had to re-input information on GPS coordinates, register and un-registered guns at this location, militias you belong too, fried that belong too them as well, religious preference and sex and all had to be inputed by April 16, 2010.

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You might be right because the joke is in the melding of C-axis and A-axis programming. See, C-axis is live tooling on a lathe that allows the lathe to do a bunch of mill work. Including but not limited to polar coodinate interprolation and polygonal turning. A huge plus is the ability to work in the X-axis for mill, drill and tap. A-axis is nothing more than an indexer positioning on a on a mill useful in working on the side of round stock. The B orientation is a Fanuc command that orients the spindle on a 2-axis lathe, so there is no C-axis. Hilleffinarious!

18. Shihan

19. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Mine too brother... Mine too:(

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Got in trouble over one a few years back- our company email had an auto reply function- send me an email, my computer sends you back a one line message. I set mine as "To continue, press control-alt-delete". Which, of course, reboots your computer.

I had no idea we had that many gullible people,,,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes: