This happened today!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Mark F, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Here I was at a customers location in Farmers Branch, (a suburb north of Dallas). I35E southbound was stopped in its tracks and I didn't want to get caught up in it, so I hauled-ass down the service road. All of a sudden I saw the lights... Yep, a Farmers Branch Cop is on my tail with his lights on. I flipped on my flashers, and pulled into a parking lot. I greeted him with a "good morning officer". I got the "Drivers License & Proof of Insurance" ordeal. I pulled out drivers license and my CHL and handed it to him, while I was looking for my Insurance card. He asked if I was armed, and I said "yes sir, it's in my center console".

Now understand, I still haven't located my Insurance card yet...

The officer hands back my drivers license & CHL, and says to me, "hold your speed down and have a nice day". I looked up when I found my Insurance card, the officer was long gone...

Ho, I'm so glad I have my CHL!!!

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Texas rocks! California sucks!

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

You are a lucky man!! And CA....
    Quoted for turth!!

4. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I found my CCWP was a bigger get out of jail free card than my Military ID a LONG time ago. Then again, I've been pulled over twice in the last 5 years

5. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

it's happened to me more than once my friend. how about that parking lot we call I 35

6. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I35E sux... suks... SUCKS!

7. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The same thing happened to me a while back. It's cool in Arkansas! :cool:

9. junho806

junho806 New Member

that is awesome
    texas does it right!
    thinking about driving over there and getting my CHL...
    :)

10. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

The funny thing is that most LEO's can be like that as long as you are polite and do not take offense because he pulled you over.

I had a AZ DPS officer pull me over one day on my way to work because I was speeding. You know how it goes talking to my buddy and never realized how fast I was going. Well, when he walked up to my door he asked for my drivers lic and insurance, then stoped when he saw my Sig P220 on the dash. Well one thing led to another and we talked about the Sig and how much he liked his and how pissed he was about having to go to the Glock.
    He smiled and told me to just watch my speed and walked off.