This happened today

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by NGIB, Dec 29, 2009.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

This happened to a buddy of mine today in Savannah. As background, this fella is 6-1, weighs 230 and is EXTREMELY well trained. He's an ex-Ranger and then did a hitch with the French Foreign Legion. Tons of combat time in some of the worst places on this planet. He's currently a bodyguard for an executive protection firm.

For his troubles, the mall cop has a broken nose, a broken jaw, a dislocated knee, and will possibly be arrested for assault. The store is also likely to be sued. Just goes to show that folks have no sense and anything can happen anywhere...

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Would you please tell him another old phart that wears the tab said he must be getting old- they called the cops instead of having to call the medical examiner. Then after he quits sputtering, tell him he done good. Actions get reactions.

:cool:

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The really crazy part of this for me is that this fella looks professional. His dress, appearance and mannerisms all scream LEO. So this mall ninja would have attempted to restrain & disarm an LEO or fed with no warning? Picture walking up behind Robo while he's shopping and trying to grab his gun - not a pretty sight.

This turd is really lucky to be alive in my book...

5. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Why did this start in the first place? Rent-a-cop didn't like that your friend was carrying? Sounds like his clients get their money's worth, for sure.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Rent a cop decided to disarm my buddy with no warning. I heard from him today and the Savannah DA said his actions were justified and his lawyer is getting a civil suit rolling...

7. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I get an image of a nerdy mall ninja trying to weasil his tiny fingers silently and hero-like twords the guy's gun.Would be funny if Chris Tucker was there-He would stand over him and say"you got knocked the F%^& out!"

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Would you not LOVE to see that on tape?!
    Mall cop probably forgot his super silent ninja shoes that day. :rolleyes:

9. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

This is your buddy suing the rent-a-cop, and not the other way around, hopefully? And yeah, if they have security cam footage for the suit, make sure to get a copy. =)

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

He will most probably sue the store that hired the idiot mall cop. He is not a vindictive fella but any store that would employ such stupidity needs a $$$ lesson to be sure.

Yes, there is a video of the incident but I won't be able to get a hold of it until the legal stuff runs its course...

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

what i gotta know is: did the mallcop ride up on a segway??

12. Viking

Viking Active Member

This is one of those things I'd loved to have been present or even pay to see. Just like my neighbors daughter when she was a local volunter fireman and the fire chiefs son was giving her a bad time, she picked him up and did a body slam which embaressed the hell out of him. I'd have paid to see that too, especially considering that she is very pretty and has a great figure and not some Russian shotput looking woman.

13. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Since it was a big box store I agree that they should have to pay some sort of compensation for attempting to disarm your friend. My guess is they are already getting quite a bit of headache from their corporate safety department, workman's comp. insurance, and possibly that idiot ninja. This incident will probably be a "lost time accident" according to OSHA, cost them an outrageous increase in comp. premiums and/or having to pay the ninja's salary until he can return to work. It's also nearly impossible to dismiss an employee immediately following an accident, unless he failed the post accident drug screen. We go through this all the time with "injury prone" individuals.

It's also not an easy task to hire a person with out seeing them work or getting to know them. Have you read a resume lately? Every time you do you think well, hell why don't you just take my job! It's easy to make yourself sound good on paper. Also no one with a felony or even a misdemeanor theft charge would pass a background check required for a "security" position. So right there you're already down to slim pickins.

I guess this was an example of "Thinning The Herd". . .

14. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]

I hate to think how many ways you would be f*cked if you slammed a security goon here. And they all seem to be rather large & pissed off Lebanese with chips on their shoulders, which wouldn't help :rolleyes: