This guy goes through .50 Cal ammo like CRAZY!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by thirdwise, Jan 13, 2010.

1. thirdwise

thirdwise New Member

WATCH THIS! My buddy at the range was shooting his .50 Caliber Barrett like there's no tomorrow. Ak-47, Ar-15, Galil, M14.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZF3IhZNQcU]YouTube - The Art of 50 Cal. part 1[/ame]

2. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

nice vid. although i really cant see myself spending 7 bucks a pop for .50 cal rounds. but then again id like to have one in case of the zombie uprise.

3. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Heh, there's one of those sitting on the counter at my nearest Cabela's. If you've got $4600 to drop on one gun purchase, you can afford the ammo. =P

4. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

agreed.:D but to my preference would rather have a ma deuce for the zombie uprise.or a mk19. too bad there isnt a circulation of those for private citizens.

5. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Too heavy. Give me a 1911 and a Remington 870 18", I'mma keep my behind moving and get out of dodge. =)

6. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Eh, ?? The cheapest I have seen locally is about 9000 bucks for a Barrett.. There is a bolt action available for about 4000..I believe it was a Grizzly..

If you can get a Barrett for that price ? I hope you already bought it..

7. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Ah, I think it is a bolt action, my bad. I'd be happy to pick it up for you, you can PayPal me the money in advance. =P

8. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

yeah i didnt think about that one. but off course it would have to be mounted. :D

9. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I'd rather have a bolt action in .50 Cal.

I'll probably own me one later on in life just to have.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I want a ma duce and a Mk 19 together with a 240 and a 105mm main gun. Yes I want a tank. That sure would make ground hog hunting interesting...........

11. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

There is an Armalite AR-50 bolt action at my local Shop for $2999. No use for it really. So I passed.

12. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Even mounted, a ma deuce is overkill. You can stockpile way more ammo for a SAW, can carry it on foot if you're not going too far, and unless the zeds have helicopters, 7.62mm NATO will do just as well, and can be used in your rifle, too.

Now, if it's civil war/international war/terrorism, the OFF of the M2 might come into play a little more.

13. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

true. :) for the zed a m240 or a pig would suffice. the saw would be a good dismount weapon too,hell i spent the last 3 years carrying that thing:D

14. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Heh, I have a buddy in ROTC that wants to be a gunner. Only guy in his platoon to qualify with it so far, he tells me. Thanks for your service.

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

"Abrams, don't leave home without it."

16. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Guys...guys. Don't you KNOW .50 cals can take out an Airbus at 2kms?? :eek:

That's evil, societally subversive sh*t right there! :p

17. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

That was similar to the discussion I overheard at one of the local Las Vegas gun shops I frequently visit for range time and gun purchases. They've got a Barrett sitting on their display shelf (I've never asked if it's for sale) and some tourists from the People's Republik of Kalifornia were in the store to rent a machine gun to fire on the range. They were saying the Barrett is a dangerous weapon because it can "shoot down a plane." Gee, just about any rifle can do that if you happen to hit the right place. :p

18. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Exactly the same reason given by our Govt for outlawing this calibre. They even went so far as to say that they were protecting the country not only from that danger, but also from "the rampant excesses of American-style gun idiocy" :rolleyes:

HOWEVER...we *can* have .416...so doesn't that kinda shoot their argument down in flames? (no pun intended lol) Have no idea where you be legally allowed to shoot it though...certainly not on any public range. Maybe only on your privately owned rural property (WITH proper documented approval, no doubt).

[​IMG]

19. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I was in Sportsman Warehouse a few months ago, in the store she said, "You can have any gun; however, no East Bloc or Chinese made!" A juicy .50 Cal was sitting on the counter for $3400.00 Scope and all. The look on her face at the site of that toy and me, ready to hold her to her words! :( Priceless! Did not buy, purchased another pistol instead.