This guy can shoot!!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by jpattersonnh, Dec 6, 2011.

1. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

Good GOD!!! That's keeping the population down!

2. Vincine

Vincine New Member

That's not hunting, that's extermination.

It looks to me like the hogs are being driven, and may have been released.

3. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

In some places like south Georgia the hogs must be exterminated, otherwise the farmers can lose up to 3/4 of their crops, sometimes all.

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Oh I understand, I just wouldn’t call it hunting.

To me hunting implies knowledge of animal behavior, stalking, stealth, etc. This looks like it was set up to display how well one could shoot with an the Aimpoint.

Nothing to do with hunting despite being on 'Huntingvideo.com'.

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

There is a notation on You Tube. This was a drive in Hungary. They are wild boar. In one at the end the guy actually speaks, perfect English and you can hear the dogs in the background. We have some European Boar here in NH. Hunting pressure keeps the population down. They are very shy animals compared w/ the feral pigs in the south. I love the R93 Blaser he uses.

6. jpattersonnh

Driving game goes back to the cave men. Why do you think canines became mans best freind? They are another tool to feed the masses, or in this case reduce the Boar population.

7. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Ah! We have a difference of nuance. You’re right, I’ll give you that driving is hunting.
    Although to me it seems it’s more like ‘protein collecting’(harvesting?).

Does Wild Hog taste anything like store bought pork?

(I didn’t scroll down to the notation, otherwise I wouldn't have stated the obvious. My bad.)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  8. unclebear

unclebear New Member

even if he is just exterminating them that meat could still feed a lot of people...

I have zero problem with killing hogs all I'm saying is the meat that guy was getting could feed a lot of people

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

its insanely better!! store bought farm raised pork tastes like rubber doorstops compared to wild pork

10. jpattersonnh

If you eat the real deal, you can smell a difference in the meat while it is raw. Very tasty!

11. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

That`s the way to put the pork in the freezer..........