This dude is at it again

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jjones45, Jan 5, 2014.

1. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Wow this dude won't be happy until he damages his glock 20 or worse. Some people don't believe fat meat is greasy
    [ame]http://youtu.be/nurzND8Dn8s[/ame]

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That is ignorant and dangerous.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

removing warning labels is one of the best ways to clean up the gene pool!:p

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

This guy has got to be a decoy.

HOW could you, honestly, be

so stupid, as to even consider this?

5. Axxe55

in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "Stupid is, as stupid does.":D

6. Professor

Professor New Member

with my limited knowledge, even I know this is stupid. But asking a question so I can learn something:
    I thought that straight wall cartridges are "located" (head spaced?) on the case mouth. So, with an obviously smaller case mouth on the .357 Sig, how is the cartridge "located"? Is it maybe held by the extracter? (Again...whatever the answer is, I understand it is not a safe practice. Just trying to expand my understanding of firearm function here)

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Exactly. The case "headspaces" on the extractor. This is a good way to break an extractor.

The velocities he was getting were probably due to the chronograph reading the velocity of the escaping gasses and not necessarily the bullet.

>357 Sig can be safely fired through the G-20 IF and only if one replaces the barrel with the appropriate conversion barrel. I have one for my G-20 and it works fine

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

well i was wondering what to do with all that 40sw range pickup brass. i should save up for a 357 sig... resize it all to the new caliber heh

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yanno, when this little dipsh!t gets his face blown

off doing something stupid, he'll probably hire an

attorney who will want to sue all of us, for posting,

watching, and commenting on his client's videos.

When you jury rig a knife, or slingshot, that's bad

enough, but firearms are not the place for this

extremely dangerous activity.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

These acts of stupidity reflect on all gun owners.

And the more hits he gets on youtube, the more some gullible people will believe it is safe.

11. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Seriously, why does this guy think anyone would be interested in a "test" like that. I bet he was wearing a ski mask...

12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

He is actually campaigning for the position of President of the Glock Owners Association. Fox news reported today he is leading in all the Polls. Glock owners are a very selective group of handgun owners.:D

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Because glocks don't already have a crappy enough safety

reputation?:confused:

14. Axxe55

i wonder if when he has an accident if they will post that video?

with the new video title, "What Not To Do With A Glock":eek:

15. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

They don't show dead people on YouTube..... Or do they? :eek:

16. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Glock 20, the do all gun that will fire any caliber out there. Next he will fire 9mm and 357 magnum out of it, lol jk. What an idiot. Guys like him are the reason gun manuals are filled with red warnings and he still doesn't follow them

17. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

This guy did nothing unsafe what so ever. There was less of a danger than him firing full power 10 mm. I have accidentally fired a 06 in 35 Whelen and I got similar results. Everything he said was correct and perfectly logical. This would make a good combination if you wanted to commit a murder and have no ballistic evidence on the bullet. :eek:

18. Axxe55

that statement is not exactly in the best interests of law abiding gun owners. that we look for ways to commit felonies so we don't get caught?

i'm sorry, but when you shoot something that wasn't intended or designed for that gun just for the sheer stupidity of doing it in making a video, then i for one think it's irresponsible and idiotic and promotes the wrong message to others. what about the person who doesn't know better, who gets hurt because of this moron? that i have a problem with.

19. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

The science (physics) says other wise in this case.;)
    It is basically the same as shooting a sabot round w/o the sabot, which would result is LOWER CHAMBER PRESSURE and less stabilization of the bullet, but nothing unsafe about it.:confused:
    I was surprised at how high the MV was. I would have guess it would be about 800 to 850 fps???:eek:
    As a mater of principle you are correct, you should only fire the ammunition for which your firearm is designed to use.:)
    This guy obviously has a very good understanding of internal ballistics as everything he said was correct.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Humm? If he happens to use a case formed from a less for giving alloy he will have a problem. The failure of the case to seal the chamber and allow pressure back flow there will be a problem. When fire forming with reduced loads it is wise to be very careful.
    When gas escapes down through the trigger port sever finger wounds are a real possibility. :eek: