This does not help Glock owners

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DarinCraft, Feb 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Ok this is not me starting a bashing Glock thread. I own a Glock, I used a Glock for years and relied on it if I needed to depend on it to protect myself/others. I am not a Glock Fanboy either.

I had some issues with the ergos that I resolved which are documented on another thread. However, Glocks get bashed quite frequently and when I did a search for some info I came up with this. This kind of stuff does not help the Glock cause. I am starting to understand the whole "Ghey" thing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. orangello

orangello New Member

You won't be saying that when the zombies come & then double over with undead laughter.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Some of that (not the first one) is a must have if you have Class III Glock 18. :eek:

4. workinprogress

workinprogress New Member

Is it just me or is the barrel out of whack in that last picture?

5. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

It's an extended SS barrel...

6. mikecu

mikecu New Member

How can you bash a Glock. They are almost as reliable as a revolver.

:eek:

7. workinprogress

workinprogress New Member

Just realized I can't see the last picture you posted here at work.:eek:

I meant the photo with the dual drum setup.

8. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

This is like throwing a fur coat on a cat and calling it a couger.

9. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

The last photo is the best one. Imagine the first gun with a stock on it.:eek:

When the Glock cycles (as with a lot of semi autos) the block/chamber drops and causes the muzzle to point upward. This happens long after the bullet has left the barrel.

What I can't figure out is why the rear part of the slide is protruding rearward on that same weapon....Didn't know that happened.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  10. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Not bashing Glocks. If you read my post I mentioned that, but these abominations do not help to make the Glock a credible firearm.:eek:

11. Highpower

Highpower New Member

The 3 empties in mid-air should give a clue...

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Hmmmm, G18. Full auto Class III weapon. A couple of the pics show the selector at the rear of the slide.

13. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

G18 or not shouldn't they all cycle the same as far as action? I mean if it is cycling semi auto of full shouldn't the physical action remain the same. I had never noticed that portion actually moving. But like I have mentioned before, just because I know how to shoot em, doesn't mean I know anything else about them.

14. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Your right skull. But does that mean the 3rd pic is also of a Glock 18C? Can you see a left side mounted selector on the 3rd gun?

I know I'm just a putz, but I'd be willing to bet that 3rd one is a converted Glock 17 with a rear mounded selector switch...

Silly me.

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I don't know enough about them to even offer. All I know is the G18's had full auto selectors. You are probably correct about the last pic, I would not know.

16. deth502

deth502 New Member

and the 4th one

17. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

With any one of those and a Seqway, I could rule any mall with an iron fist!

18. Highpower

Highpower New Member

I don't know much about them either, other than I had the opportunity to fire a 30 rd mag through one once. It was one of the conversions with the selector on the rear. Way more ammo than I could ever afford to keep up with. It was fun, but I'm not a fan of the trigger mounted safety thingy's. It just creeps out the pad on my trigger finger, so I guess I'll never own one. :eek:

19. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

It's a full auto conversion part. The stock part is just a flat plate.

Couple of videos here: Les Jones: Full Auto Glock
    You can see the conversion block sticking out the back of the slide.

20. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]

Too right, gork! Doesn't he look just miserable without one? :(