This can't be true!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by HankStone, Jul 6, 2013.

1. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

No way! That is some tough vigilante justice.

2. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Hell of a game!

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Soccer fans can get pretty violent. There have been some vicious clashes between rival soccer team fans. It appears to be way more than just a game.

4. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

some soccer fans are nuts in other countries.

i don't remember which South American country it was, but during a world cup back in the 90's, a player accidentily knocked the ball in his teams own goal which eventually resulted in a loss & elimination from the tournament. angry fans killed him after he got off the plane in his home country.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I remember when the entire Iraqi olympic soccer team was executed. Every member of the team.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

7. winds-of-change

8. HankStone

HankStone New Member

In reality it's only a game,no?

9. stratrider

stratrider New Member

It is the most popular sport in the world. I've often wondered why.

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Running around on a field in shorts..Sounds like gym class....:D

11. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Like watching paint dry, any sport that can end with a score of 0 to 1 has to be a snoozer (xcept baseball) At least hockey games have fights break out to keep you awake.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

there have been many riots because of soccer games. in many countries, soccer is held to the same level as football is here.

i like baseball. it's a much more civilised sport than many of the others.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Back in '94 the Brazilian soccer team stayed in Los Gatos (closet town to me) during the World Cup games. It was a huge freaking party every single night as long as they were here. The entire downtown was pretty much overrun with all streets closed due to people partying in the streets. And this is an extremely conservative and wealthy town. Those soccer fans are HARD CORE!!!

I have never seen that sort of jubilation, even after the 49ers won their Super Bowl victories it was a tiny fraction of the party with the Brazil team-- and several players and coaches on the 49ers live in Los Gatos!!!

14. winds-of-change

Yes, in reality it is just a game.

Are you kidding? I like watching soccer. It's a very fast paced game with some incredible athletes. Those players run the entire 90 minutes. I can't think of any other professional athlete that has the stamina of a soccer player. They are very skilled athletes, in my opinion. When my sons were living at home, we watched a lot of soccer games on TV. Many in which the announcer was not speaking English. :D

Except for those bench clearing brawls. ;) :p

But yeah, I like baseball, too.

15. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox New Member

Thats pretty crazy. Almost as crazy as us LSU fans. ;-)

16. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Well,..I was a Football Coach (H.S., & College D-2 & D-1AA(now called FCS) and i have seen some crazy SHYT happen after games Lost & Won! Saw a Visiting coach's SUV flipped over after a 1-point loss by the home team because the opposing coach pulled a "murphy" on our D-Back and he was tripped,..allowing the receiver he was covering to "coast" into the end zone with a 71 yd TD catch on the last Play,..refs didn't see the trip...no flag,..
    And THAT was in a well to do town on LI's North shore....

17. DrFootball

And your Broadcasters are worse then your fans!!! Duke or Deke whatever his name is, he's clueless as to how coaches Gameplan,...I feel bad for His Broadcast partner Bobby Herbert...

18. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Brazil: World Cup 2014 and the Summer Olympics 2016. The carnage may be epic.
    Oh, and the idea 1-0 game isn't the problem for me, at least somebody won. No, it's the idea that a 0-0 tie is considered an actual result. I hold the opinion that no serious sport should be allowed to end in a tie, much less a no score tie. I don't care if it comes down to Rock-Paper-Scissors with the towel boys, there needs to be a clear winner from a game that goes on that damned long.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  19. DrFootball

And someone from Rio wrote into the NYT saying "we don't need the World Cup!!! We need money for better health and Education plans!" They are among one of the richest countries @Earth, and they need money??? Please....
    And the next time someone tells me How violent Soccer is i'm gonna ask them if they have ever been on the bottom of a pile up in a "real" football game?? I have seen someone come out of one with a Leg twisted at the Knee in an impossible angle!!