this burns me up

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by saviorslegacy, Feb 23, 2010.

1. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

Sorry for making so many posts. I had like a storage of unanswered questions and, well, you all give very good answers and seem to be very fine people.

Anyways, I was set on fire the other day when I over heard a class mate at college. I can't remember what he said exactly, but it was something like this; "America thinks it is freakin awesome when it is not." "We get involved with all of these stupid wars and lie to us why we go to them." "I bet that the Persian Golf War was just over oil and that it had nothing to do with saving innocents." "America doesn't give a damn over who is free or not, it just cares about how much money is in its pockets." "WW2 was a joke and we shouldn't have gotten involved in any other war past it." "I think that America thinks it is the protector of the world or something." "I mean, Europe is mad at us for going over in WW2 anyways." "All we done was cause a bunch of destruction." "We should have let things work itself out."
    IMO, my generation needs to be nick named "The *****ers".

I have googled some of these things, but I am not finding the answers I am seeking. I am 17, and that means that my knowledge is still very limited. I am struggling with paying college all of my money and my parents money... I mean... I am struggling taking their class's right now. (College is a scam... a doctor doesn't need Algebra.)
    Anyways, how can I say the exact opposite to what he said. I want to fight what he is saying, but not with fists. He is telling others this and they are starting to believe him. It is freakin retarded.

2. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Son, you got way too much anger inside ya .. Don't sweat the small stuff and concentrate on college. Maybe get into a debate group or something. Too much to be worrying yourself at your age.

Welcome aboard though...

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

It will help if you understand one universal truth - the institutions of higher learning are controlled and occupied by the radical left. They always have been and always will be. The only thing you can aspire to is not to be brainwashed by the constant exposure to ultra leftist propaganda...

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Ignorance is difficult if not impossible to overcome. An awful lot of propaganda is out there and it's easier for most people not to question things, but to swallow the party line.

Study hard, read and learn. Life will automatically thin out the herd and if it doesn't do that to your satisfaction, so be it. There will always be ignorance, opinions and fools.

Life is full of challenges, face them with courage and righteousness. In the end, you are the captain of your fate. Relax and do the right thing. In truth, that's all you can do anyway. ;)

5. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I have been thinking like this since the fifth grade. I read in my history book that people used to only go to 8th grade and then they would start learning a a trade or go off to a university.
    When I asked why I have so many years of schooling I was told, "You have more years of schooling because there is more work for you to do." When I compared the work I found that we have just stretched things out and added useless things, like home ec (the parents job), workshop (the parents job), art (lol) and advance mathematics that 80% of all people will never ever use. So ever since then I have thought that they are teaching us so much stuff just to keep us out of trouble or something like that.
    Skip forward some years and I am a freshman in college. There you have tons of "make you a well rounded person" classes that cost a fortune. They can charge you what they want because it pretty much goes unchecked and you have to take a **** load of classes to get the degree.

Personally, I believe that the educational system is more like the stuff that greedy mans pockets system. My teachers never have liked my open mind or my big mouth. lol

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Quoted for Truth!!

Travel is the one known cure for such blinded stupidity that is found in these people. There will be no TELLING them anything, they have to see it with their own eyes.

When I was in Korea, I was in a taxi cab on one of the first Fridays in country. As the cab came to the Yong-San Military Base in Seoul, there was a large protest going on.

Plenty of college aged kids where protesting the "US Occupation of their country" and the US Military and our "oppressive" government was keeping the North and South apart.

There must have been 200 or 300 college aged folks there with drums and big sheets with writing on them ( I couldn't read Korean but the meaning was quite clear ). They had some 22 or 23 year old "leader" up in front with a megaphone and he was getting them all whiped into a frenzy about how the US government was keeping families apart and how a Unified Korea was the only future that would mean a Successful Korea.

It was very eye-opening, and a bit scary, because there was only 3 of us in the cab, all Americans, and if that mob wanted too, they could have got us before the base soldiers could intervene.

The taxi driver was an older Korean, probably in his 50's. He was looking at the protestors and he looked at me in the front seat and he apologized for the youth of his nation. He wanted us to know that the kids today DO NOT understand what it was like before the US Military came along. He said that the North would enslave the people of the South in a heartbeat if not for the Americans and that most of the country DID NOT feel the way that these young kids did. They didn't know any better.

Over the next year, I made my way around to several bases and outposts throughout the South of Korea. Everywhere we went, we were treated well, with respect, and routinely were told that it was great having us there, that the people appreciated our business and out presence.

The youth of today doesn't have the actual, hands on understanding of having gone through what the people of the past experienced. You can read about Pearl Harbor and about the Concentration Camps, but until you actually see the devestation up close and personal, or talk to those that really were there, it's impossible to just wrap your head around it as a young idealist.

Your best bet is make your college prove his statements. Question him for the proof of his accusations. Where is the "money" that we went to so many wars for? Where is the greatly reduced oil prices that fell into our laps after Gulf War 1. Where is the cheap oil of today, because I just paid close to $60 to fill my tank and I sure as hell don't remember that being the case when I was in High School. :eek:

Then ask him if he would like to have spent a few weeks in Iraq under Saddam where merely implying what he was saying as facts would have gotten him kidnapped, tortured and probably killed.

There is a reason you have to be a minimum age to hold various offices in this great land.

Youth is still wasted on the Young.

JD

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Hell. I like him already. Can we keep him guys? :D

JD

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

My oldest received her last degree (she has 4) from THE bastion of the liberal left - Columbia University. I was worried that the constant exposure would totally corrupt her as like most youth she leaned a little left. Thankfully, when she parlayed that fancy (and very expensive) law degree into a 6 figure job - she realized the left wasn't all that great.

The realization hits home when these idealistic students graduate, get a job, and begin paying for all the social programs they were fans of...

9. suprdave

suprdave New Member

So far, so good!

10. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

Hey I resent that. lol
    I would like to see a half million or more old timers become 20 again though. It would do this nation some good. I have some friends that lived through the Great Depression and that were WW2 vets that would probably work circles around people in today's world. It saddens me that in 10 or more years they might be gone.

As for the teacher thing.... I ended up making one so mad that I was sent into detention for disturbing the class every day. You see, I had asthma (or however you spell) and I would cough when I would get out in the cold. I still have problems today, but I still wont carry an inhaler (the moment you start depending on drugs and little electronics devices is the moment you lose your freedom). Not only that, my lungs have gotten better because they are forced to endure the stress.

I hope to one day finish my book and fulfill my promise. I have been a writer since I could write. I would make all kinds of stupid drawings and I slowly developed a story. That story has been developing for like 13 years now. I plan on giving 70% of all profits away and living like a normal person if it gets big. If I still have to work then I will work. When I was 9 I asked God to help me make a famous book and that if he would help me do that I would give back.

Owell, enough about me, I kinda feel like I have a big head. So the bad part about me is that I am an under achiever. :(

ps Wait, were you in Korea? I know someone that was in both WW2 and in Korea. He said that he signed up for the reserves and then they put him into service because of his experience. I think he shoots professionally with a M1 Garand now.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Not the Korean War, I was in Korea as part of a plan by the DoD to improve the internet, connectivity, telephony, secured data & Morale and Welfare of the troops. Most of 2001.

12. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

Jeeeez, they are still sore over that? It has been like fifty years or so.

13. NGIB

NGIB New Member

JDs point was the youth of Korea protested the US forces being there - they always have. The older folks have always been completely appreciative of our actions to rescue them. Same for the Philippines - the college kids always saw us as occupiers not liberators.

JD also makes a great point about traveling being a great education and I agree. I lived in my first foreign country when I was 18 years old in 1974. Lived in and traveled through many different countries and it was eye opening to say the least...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  14. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

You aren't alone.....

Hey man I know exactly how you feel. I am too 17 and it is very difficult to sit by and watch as friends and others (those you would rather think of as enemies) dress down our country and don't appriciate what we have. As someone said earlier it is nearly impossible to convince an ignorant being of how they are wrong because they must have some semblence of common sence in the first place! I almost get into physical confrontations with ignorant @ss holes who are just regurgitating what their teachers, parents, and news media spoon feed them. It is hard for them to think of any other arguement that is not an emotional feeling but logic. I have had some deep (for our age any way) conversations with a few of my friends and find that they feel the same way too, however because of what seems to be the majority of people are always saying the opposite they are afraid to speak out. I have not had this problem until recently most likely because of my homeschooling, but I now have the confidence to at least negate the comments of the bashers because of what I have learned myself through studying history and the facts. The loud minority silences the quiet majority. From my experiences you will never convince someone they are wrong, they have to come to that conclusion themselves. So don't try so hard to show them they are wrong. They will just get defensive. I know you want to know the facts so you can fight back with the truth. Just know there are other out there such as you and me my friend. Indeed our generations may well be called the *****ers.....but I have never been a conformist ;)

15. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

To bad all of the smart Koreans are gonna pass away here in thirty years or less.

Wait, what happened with the Philippines? My dad was stationed there for a bit, but I never knew there was conflict there outside of WW2.

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You can look at just about any country that has (or had) US military bases and you'll see the college students protesting. I lived there from 1976 thru 1980 and it was common to see the college idiots protesting us as occupiers.

For you young folks - a stint in the military won't hurt you and you'll grow up quick...

17. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Been considering it more and more often lately......

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

BTW, I enlisted when I was seventeen. ;)

19. NGIB

NGIB New Member

As did I, retired when I was 37...

20. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

yup...........ain't exactly a decision that gonna happen over night though....trust me I been thinkin bout this for a while and I'm not really a hasty person ;)