This actually scares the hell out of me.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by BB98338, Dec 20, 2011.

1. BB98338

BB98338 New Member

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Aaaaaaaand.... Here comes the zombies

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Interesting considering the CDC's site has tips for Zombie survival....

4. TLuker

TLuker New Member

5. bkt

bkt New Member

Uh, the problem is the geniuses mutated H5N1 in such a way that it is now easily passed between people. Its mortality rate among people is about 60%.

6. TLuker

TLuker New Member

The first part was a joke (and yes I know that I have a poor sense of humor, but it makes me laugh).

The second part wasn't a joke. I would think those same geniuses have created much worse mutations than that? I can only imagine what they've been able to do with smallpox, black plague, and samples of the 1917 flu virus. They've probably created new bugs that we've never even heard of like a syphilis and Ebola hybrid (now that would be scary:mad:).

To me it really isn't anything to loose any sleep over. Eventually one of those bugs will probably get loose and it will look like Stephen King's The Stand. It would suck but there really isn't anything that any of us could do about it. So there really isn't anything to worry about. Remember the Serenity Prayer and Que Sera Sera.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  7. downsouth

downsouth New Member

If that scenerio plays out, where will I be, will come before, whatever will be will be.

8. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I'm writing a post-apocalyptic story about this exact same scenario.

9. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

I'm not freaking over it but , ebola,marsburg any of those hemmoragic bugs worry me. If someone were exposed and boarded an aircraft within 24hrs. Either purposely or involuntarily the consequences would be beyond description. I know so far ebola has been deep in the congo or wherever, but years ago Marburgs is named after a small German town it just appeared in. I want to say the death rate on these are close to 100%

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I saw a show, and one of the top scientists said those bugs don't present a global problem, because they're so effective they burn themselves out and never get a chance to spread. Something like the flu now, is highly contagious and can spread to thousands before the original carrier gets sick enough to seek medical attention.

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

why do people make these things it's just soo much easier to shoot people or drop bombs, my biggest worry is terrorist or some form of radicals getting a hold of it, with that type of bio weapon deployed in the correct situation could really just be a big pain in the a*s.

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Some time back there was a short story written for FTF on bio warfare. It was done quite well using FTF members.

13. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

If I'm not mistaken that nutjob cult leader who gassed the subway was interested in hemmoragic fevers and sent some his followers to uhhhh render assistance to the dying ,he had a hrdon for anthrax to but decided on seran.

14. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

Sorry the subway in Japan