Thinking of getting rid of my Winchester 1895??

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Trez, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I really, REALLY want a IHC M1 Garand (Its starting to become a sickness!!:eek:)
    I was thinking of trying to trade or sell my 1895 for one. What do you guys think the value would be on my 95? For those who dont know, I recently fixed up a Win 95 that was made in 1899. It was a wall hanger, after buying new springs and having the barrel reinstalled, its turning out to be a great shooter.
    Looking on gunbroker I havent seen one under $800, usually around $800-$1200 (some go for even more!!), heck ive seen boxes of disassembled 1895's missing the stocks, springs, and screws go for $400-$500. Out of those none are as old as mine (The oldest one ive seen on GB was from 1904), mine has a 20" barrel but the shortest ive seen on GB is 22". I feel mines in pretty good condition compared to others ive seen, the ones on GB are in "better" shape but have less of the bluing... here in town ive seen a couple, but again a little better shape, not as much bluing, or as old, and they want $1,200+. Mines the only pre-turn of the century Ive ever seen...
    As well I have a couple of vintage ammo boxes for .30-40 (one has 10 rds, ones empty, and ones a box of brass), and the dies to reload for it..

For more info/pics on the gun heres the thread: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/fixin-up-my-winchester-1895-a-42450/

I figure I see IHC M1's go for $800- $1,000 and if I can have a International Harvester made M1 for what I have in this, Id be tickled... Its a nice gun but its just not a M1.... :p

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

What I would do is take your Winchester 95 to a few local gun shops or pawn shops and get some appraised prices on it. Also how much did you invest into the firearm to get it fixed up?

3. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I plan on going to some shops today to see what they say.... Im only in it $106, the bulk of that was for the springs... Thats why id be exited to have a M1 for that price...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Keep us in the loop.

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Went to some shops today I was told its worth between $600-$800.....
    What do you guys think??

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Totally your call Trez. How badly do you want the M1? Maybe they'll do a straight across trade.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

M1

Look at both of them.

I'm just sayin'.

8. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Im really just getting my feelers out.. Im not in too much of a hurry...
    Ill trade straight across for the IHC M1 no question, I just really didnt know what kind of $$ to ask so I could get the M1.
    None of the shops had a IH M1, just Winchester ones... So it looks like I get to shoot it a few more times.. ;)

Im thinking when im ready to get rid of the 95 it probably will go up on GB... Ill let the collectors fight over it.

Besides theres a crate of 1895's hidden in the desert somewhere....:p

9. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

^^^ I wouldn't doubt there's a crate of M1's hidden in the desert too. :p

I'd fight some sand flies / fleas in North Africa for a crate. ;)

Watch out for the Bedouins though.

[​IMG]

10. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Went to a shop yesterday and they told me my Winnie's worth $1,600+. They gave it a condition of 40%. It was kinda funny all the store workers had to come check it out, and was surprised a youngin like me would have such a rifle....
    I tried to trade for a U.S Army Colt 1911, but it was on consignment and they said they cant trade guns under consignment... :( The Colt was only $1,200

11. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Worth while trade?

I came across a guy who wants my Winnie '95... for trade, he has:
    SS Colt 1911 Officers Model
    AMT Automag .22 Mag.
    Marlin 39A

Out of these im kinda interested in the 1911 and the Marlin 39A.
    Although the 1911 isnt the kind I want, any Colt 1911 is better than no 1911, :p
    And the Marlin, Well a take down lever gun that shoots .22 S,L, & LR, thats just F@#%& Awesome!! :D

About how much are these guns worth? Im asking $1,800 for the Winnie and had lots of inquiries on it, just none as serious as this guy...