thinking about purchasing a charter pathfinder snubby

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by gadrooning, Feb 5, 2010.

1. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

Does anyone have any experience with the charter 22lr pathfinder snubnose. I don't want to get into a debate about barrel lengths and manuf. preferences. I have several 22. I just want to know about charter quality. I personally do not know anything about them. I want to practice by keeping the ammo costs down. Should I buy the pathfinder for a little over 300 or spend it on 38 ammo and just shoot my s&w snub.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The old Charter revolvers were fairly good. I haven't heard much if anything good about the newer versions. Everything I've read places them well below Taurus when it comes to QC...

3. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

Appreciate the feedback, but that is not good to hear. I personally had bad experiences with taurases. That does not bode well for charter.:(

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

A few years ago I was on a quest not to pay $600+ for a good reliable .22 revolver - no luck. The only "budget" .22 revolver worth buying is an older Monson-made Dan Wesson. I've had 2 of them are they are high quality guns...

5. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

I've heard nothing but bad things about Charter arms, even from a fellow that endorses Bersa. :eek: I'd spend it all on ammo or just save up for something that would last you.

6. gilfo

gilfo Member

I have a circa 1978 3" pathfinder. It has been very reliable.
    Looking to sell it for 275 to finance another purchase. E-mail me if interested.
    gilfo@aol.com