Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old Savage 12 FLVSS 223 is a great rifle, but has several limitations.

1. It's an old style Staggered feed action, so there's limited aftermarket stocks available for it. I've been running a Boyd's LH thumbhole stock on it for many years.
2. It's a blind magazine action, and it limits the overall length of the cartridge. There's no DBM conversion made for it.
3. It has a 1-9 twist rate barrel, so it won't stabilize the longer bullets like the 75 / 80 / 88 gr ELD-M's. Yes, I could easily swap out a barrel, but then I'm back to having a cartridge length problem with the blind magazine.

So, Here's the plan. I love everything about the Custom 22 Creedmoor I built a few years ago, so I will probably go with another ARC Nucleus action but with the Nucleus Gen 2.

I'll order a shouldered 24" Rock Creek 1-7 twist cut rifled barrel from PVA for it.
Go with another Trigger Tech Special trigger.
More than likely, I'll buy another LH KRG Bravo chassis, but I'm also looking at the Woox Exactus stock.
Rings will be ARC M10, and I haven't decided on the scope yet. Maybe another Delta Stryker or S&B PM II.
I've already got 200 pcs of new Lapua 223 brass for it!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The action, and barrel are ordered. Just bought a couple MDT AICS style magazine's since they allow an overall cartridge length of 2.550" whereas the Accurate Mag's only allow 2.325".
I'll be ordering a Trigger Tech Special trigger and another KRG Bravo chassis in the next few days.

Hopefully, I'll be putting everything together in a couple month's.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Sounds like it'll be a nice little unit.

Can't recall ever having fired one of the ARC Nucleus actions. I'm assuming it's really smooth and accurate.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like it'll be a nice little unit.

Can't recall ever having fired one of the ARC Nucleus actions. I'm assuming it's really smooth and accurate.
It should be, I've really enjoyed my 22 Creedmoor with a Nucleus Gen 1 action. I can't wait to see the improvements that are on the Gen 2 action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts