thinking about a 9mm p30

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by aikimo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. aikimo

aikimo New Member

Dear all,

I am new to guns and this forum. Just bought a Glock g17 in 9mm that I really like. A guy at the range today let me shoot his sig p220 45mm and I was amazed at how smooth it was. I spoke to the salesperson about the sig and she suggested the p30. (I want to stick with 9mm.) Wow I was very impressed with it. Here is the question, how is the p30 going to fire vs my Glock? Since they are both poly guns, will it fire the same as the Glock, and and more similar to the sig? Is there a better h&k in 9mm?

Sorry if this is a dumb question
    Thanks
    Mo

2. fordracing

fordracing Member

I've never shot the glock, but my p30 is very comfortable, very accurate and has the longest trigger pull ever made. My wife thought the gun was broken. I think the long trigger is a safety feature because mine has no manual safety

3. aikimo

aikimo New Member

Thanks. I wound up buying the p30. Yes the da is soooooooooooo long but the sa is sweet. I am hoping that the da gets a little better after it breaks in a bit.. Love the way it shoots

4. jyo

jyo New Member

You made the right choice! Enjoy!

5. donnier03

donnier03 New Member

wish the HK P30 came in the variant 7....

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

No knock against Glock but the HK in my opinion is a better built pistol. Admittedly I am not a Glock fan but it's more about preferences and not their quality or reliability. I just see the HK in this comparison to be a better built pistol and I like the option of a DA/SA trigger. And I much prefer a pistol with hammer over striker fired pistols (preference remember?) The ergonomics of a Glock just never felt right to me to begin with when I compared to some other pistols. The HK being one that I really like the ergo.

7. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

The p30 is much more comfortable than the glock in my opinion. But what drumjunkie said about hk being better built. That's just a fact! :p

8. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

It does, I was concerned about mine too but it's smoothed out a little.

9. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

The fact that this pistol , the P30, has no manual safety is the best feature. I am the product of learning how to handle a wheel gun when my father first took me shooting and if the pistol has a hammer on it, like the P30 does, then there is no reason to clutter things up with a manual thumb safety. The P30 is the best design for a person with the wheel gun mentality. It also has a decocker.

10. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Just recently bought my first pistol and I chose the Sig P229 40s&w ..I'm really satisfied with it ..a very top quality pistol that ill probably always keep,but now I'm interested in a 9mm and today I checked out the HK P30 and I'm really impressed....my question is ..being a polymer pistol is it really worth the high price tag? HK owners let me know what you think

11. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Had one in 40. Sold it. Didn't like the trigger at all. Check out the PPQ , much better trigger.

12. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Let me state this again, I like this pistol because there is no manual safety but it does have a hammer and the decocker. I think that combo is perfect. Coming from years of a revolver mentality, I would just never trust a semiauto pistol without an exposed hammer. I want to know when I have a round in the chamber that the firing pin is safe and I have the option of a double action for quick pull and shoot or I can pull the hammer back and have a crisp single action. I am surprised more pistols aren't made like this.

There is no reason for a pistol to have a manual safety if the pistol has an exposed hammer. It just clutters up the gun and makes the shooter have to deal with more options that don't need to be there.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  13. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

I checked out the PPQ and it's really a nice pistol but just my luck it's not on the list for purchase in Cali .. BUT the P99 which is also a impressive looking pistol and looks almost the same IS on the list

14. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Insane! I like that PPQ, just farther down my buy list than some other stuff.

15. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I mean lets do the math real quick....900 bucks compared to 500 bucks? I could get possibly get 2 glocks versus one HK. Nothing against the HK at all I honestly would want one(read other post) if they wasn't so pricey. Anyway, for that kind of money, I would hope that its built better than the glock. Nearly a grand...no plastic please:)

16. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

That's why I bought a Sig P229..40 ..I'm still looking for a 9mm and no I'm not trying to spend another grand,a Springfield XDM 3.8 would be nice but I live in Cali ...and I'd get a Walther p99 but they are just too hard to find..still looking

17. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Now the XDM 3.8 is what I also want!