Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, my experience in guns is quite your typical guy, I have a

savage m 110 for hunting,

Maverick 88 by mossberg for waterfowling and home defense(interchanging the barrel out of course)

taurus pt 111,

smith and wesson 40 cal,

romy ak 47 (that has had some work done on it since it was shipped in with canted problems) and

my new taurus 85 38 cal.

I go to the range every now and then when im off from work with family, and we all love shooting. But i have never been the fan of the ar-15 and always believed that ak 47's were just more rugged, easier to maintain and never once thought abouy puchasing one. My co-worker owns a couple of guns and tell's me he loves his ar-15 and is a great gun to have for defense and recreational shooting. He's argued and told me they shoot better than ak's but need more time to maintain and clean.

the reason im thinking about buying an ar is because i have money saved up to spend on another firearm.

So i figured it would be best to ask around what you guys would recommend a good 1st AR to buy between the price's of 800-1,500$ when i go to the gun shop and order one.

all advice is appreciated and will be taken in consideration.

thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya

smart idea. We'll probably go when we get the same day off and ill ask him to meet me at the range. But we do disagree on many things and id rather get more experienced people advice that is older than 19 on picking the best ar since i will be spending a good couple of dollars on it.

Thanx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx

For the advice. Seems like rock river and stag are the ar's that seem to best fit my price range. Ill prolly shoot the ar first and see how it handles with accuracy, recoil, grip, etc to make sure it's something i want, and if it turns out to be a gun im comfortable with shooting ill mention those ar types to the dealer if i decide on buying. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.