Think my boy got screwed

Discussion in 'Taurus Forum' started by thdrduck, Jul 19, 2014.

1. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Wish I would have known what he was thinkiing. My youngest took his SK and traded it for a used Taurus semi 9 mm. I think it is a P109, does that sound right? Loooong trigger pull and if you were inside a barn and shot you may hit the barn if you were lucky. Am I missing something? Damn, If I would have known I would have gladly given him a couple of hundred for the SK and he could have had more options. Should of, would of, could of. Crap!

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

did you mean sks??

3. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Yes Jon, he had a really nice SKS that with the trade he may have goten $100 for.

4. Mouser

Mouser Member

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Default.htm

before I purchase or trade I will look at a site like gunsamerica to gauge the range of prices...this has usually armed me with the latest pricing and allows me to reasonably estimate fair market value. You should be able to determine who got the better deal from here

5. St8LineGunsmith

St8LineGunsmith New Member

PT 109 is a patrol boat JFK commanded
    PT 709 is a Pretty nice little CC pistol which will fetch a little more than the SKS if it is good condition.
    remember these guns were not made for accuracy past 10 yards

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Yikes... Value aside that's still a bad deal... But kids usually have too learn these things the hard way

Picked up my Russian SKS off a Army buddy back in 06 for $75.00 and would not part with it.

My Century AK on the other hand... If prices get stupid and I can triple the $500 investment... I'd let that one go. Just mean more 7.62 x 39 for the more accurate SKS. ;)

Tack

7. armoredman

armoredman Member

Before it got cut in two by a Japanese destroyer. ;)

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Would that make it the PT 54.5? :D

9. St8LineGunsmith

St8LineGunsmith New Member

I guess the operative word is: was:)

10. armoredman

armoredman Member

True, typing too fast for the grammar to catch up...

11. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Duck,

From a certain point of view the SKS is more valuable; yours I take it.

Can your son, in general and wherever he happens to be located, walk around with the SKS slung across his back in public to defend himself with if the need should arise?

If it's the dead of night, someone breaks into your house, and you have to grab your child and hold a firearm with your other hand, which would you prefer, the SKS or a pistol?

For the average American civilian who is not engaged in land warfare as part of a late 1940's Warsaw Pact army, a pistol is probably a bit more useful.

If the SKS was in good condition, I probably would have sold the SKS and then used the money to purchase a pistol but this is your son we're talking about and the PT-109 may have been exactly what he wanted.

12. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

After doing some research and reading everyone's posts (except the PT109 one);) He probably didn't do as bad as I thought. If he likes it... good for him.

13. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Don't let that bother you.
    :D
    We have enough trolls already, we don't need to have the "grammar police" too.