Think for Yourself

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by John_Deer, Jan 25, 2014.

1. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I came across this video on facebook. This guy is has his head screwed on straight. He is one of the new NRA commentators. Meet Austin Weiss!

[ame]http://youtu.be/jAbRaw2H6pY[/ame]​

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I could live with it if he is the admin.

4. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for sharing that JD. I know how he feels when folks judge on first look. Most people see me on the Harley in leathers, pony tail in the wind, and my beard ruffled up by said wind, and they look at me like I am somewhere between pond scum and the gunk that forms at the corner of your mouth when you are really thirsty.

As Austin said in his video, the face of the gun owner is changing, and we all must think for ourselves, not just swallow what the media is feeding us.

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

The young man makes sense to me, hope that there are more young ones like him.

6. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

They're out there, but we still need a lot more of them.

Let's all do our part, and teach those who wish to follow in our footsteps.

7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

This guys is saying what I have been saying for MANY YEARS!
    1. It is not about 'guns' it is about 'PEOPLE'.
    2. Think for yourself. Don't 'vote' party/union/church or any other 'organizations' lines.
    3. Reach out to ALL, and unite as ONE.
    4. REQUIRE the politicians stand up for our rights or get rid of them.
    See below!:cool:

8. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

The phrase "looks can be deceiving" is one of the oldest adages thats timeless as well as ageless. He's saying what few on the left or right would want us to understand, we have more in common with each other than we do with those we erect to high office. They only differ in Skirt, suit and tie color only (some stuff their shirts with boobs, others hide their dirty laundry, some even fill them with our money).

I cant say I dont notice wild tats, piercings and such but they dont make me assume anything just because someone has them. Hasty judgement and blanket profiling of "all things that look like this are bad" reflects a severely limited and flawed assessment ability. Only when you can pick out the odd ball in the crowd that actually looks like all the others have you mastered observation with all your senses, not just the obvious one, sight.

We are all very much the same even when we appear different. I cant find a better example of that than ariving at the reception station in Ft Jackson, Oct 1 1980. Busloads of skinheads, Hippies and John Q's all in differing attire, hairstyles and from all over the country and world. Within 36 hours, we all looked and felt exactly the same, screwed, Glued and Tattooed and ready to be equally phucked! Talk about the big equalizer!

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Colion Noir & Dom Raso have some nice tips for Obama and company.

[ame]http://youtu.be/llkkBeB4ue4[/ame]​

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Gun owners are more likely to be characterized as a "Red Neck" over weight individual with a Southern accent. Reporters coaxing stupid statements and asking him about his NRA cap. Over 5 Million of us have proved we are one for over 150 years. :)

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Mr. Weiss is about to get an Invite to Talk 2A with us on the podcast

Edit: if there were a way to msg. Him. Which there isn't.....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014