Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
34,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from my Dad's today right around 1630. Just the beginning of rush hour on the expressway. I'm zipping along all happy and content then one of those lighted signs display, "Expect delays, traffic congestion ahead." Okay, sure enough, the traffic slows to a crawl. Stop and go traffic. Inching along for a good mile or mile and a half. Then suddenly, the traffic is free flowing again. What was the hold up? There were no entrance or exit ramps, no construction. What causes that congestion? It was so weird.

·
Administrator
34,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's usually caused by the sign.
There you go. That's got to be it. Gosh darn it, if the sign says there's traffic congestion then we sure as hell better make sure there's some traffic congestion.

·
Administrator
34,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why is it that someone will pull out right in front of you while you're moving along at 55 miles an hour, causing you to slow down so you don't hit them, when there isn't a car behind you for miles?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why is it that someone will pull out right in front of you while you're moving along at 55 miles an hour, causing you to slow down so you don't hit them, when there isn't a car behind you for miles?
This happens to other people too?!?!?!

My best guess was that they thought "There just may be an ICBM in that other lane"... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I have learned that since I drive a large truck, everyone needs to be in front of it no matter how fast you are going. I love it when I am passing an on ramp and the guy getting on will floor it to get in front of me and then slow down to slower then i am driving and i will have to pass.

·
Administrator
34,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't understand how my grass dries out dead when it's a drought but the weeds stay green. :confused:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
winds-of-change said:
I was driving home from my Dad's today right around 1630. Just the beginning of rush hour on the expressway. I'm zipping along all happy and content then one of those lighted signs display, "Expect delays, traffic congestion ahead." Okay, sure enough, the traffic slows to a crawl. Stop and go traffic. Inching along for a good mile or mile and a half. Then suddenly, the traffic is free flowing again. What was the hold up? There were no entrance or exit ramps, no construction. What causes that congestion? It was so weird.
Were you military Winds? I ask because of the way you listed the time.

·
Premium Member
12,038 Posts
winds-of-change said:
Because people don't care. Another example of civility degrading. It happens to me all the time.

·
Banned
0 Posts
:confused:things we don't understand..........

why do we park in a driveway, but drive on a parkway? :eek:

that one still eludes me to this day. :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,038 Posts
winds-of-change said:
I don't understand how my grass dries out dead when it's a drought but the weeds stay green. :confused:
Many weeds have a longer taproot, which reaches the wet sp, er, uh the moisture deep in the soil. Most grasses have shallow roots. Sorry if I'm spoiling the fun.

Ok, I'll play. Why do we drive in a parkway but park in a driveway?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Many weeds have a longer taproot, which reaches the wet sp, er, uh the moisture deep in the soil. Most grasses have shallow roots. Sorry if I'm spoiling the fun.

Ok, I'll play. Why do we drive in a parkway but park in a driveway?
i don't know. that's what i want to know! why is it that way?:D

·
Premium Member
12,038 Posts
It's too late. It makes my head hurt. Must fall asleep thinking of something else... Mmmmmm hunting.

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
Were you military Winds? I ask because of the way you listed the time.
She is in the medical field, and they use military time.

I have no idea if she served though.

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
My mom screws with people who do that. She will actually speed up, and then wait until she almost hits them to change lanes and zoom pass them. It scares the crap out of them. (it's usually a small car vs her Silverado). :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts