Things to LOL about guns.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by deathkricket, Jul 21, 2011.

1. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

So i made my first blunder yesterday and i thought i would post about it, see how many of you have done funny things such as pull a trigger and the mag falls out, try to slap a mag in backwards etc. Lets try to play nice and see who is big enough to man up to funny things they have done. A few days ago i had stripped my new Gen 4 Glock 23 down and after a good scrub i was watching a movie and got side tracked and put it back together, next i did a function test only to realize i did not put the recoil spring back in it, man it was a ***** to get apart without the spring but my baby was unhurt so i got a good face palm out of it.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The first time I ever shot my revolver I forgot to put ears and eyes on in my excitement. Let me tell you, a GP100 is LOUD!! Also, when I went shooting with Hunter Joe, I slapped a mag into a pistol and it pinched my palm and made me bleed.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

It was a Glock!ROFLMAOWJCWYPRRTLOL

4. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Oh so many.. where to begin.. no one will shoot with me ever again if they read this...

Lodged a cleaning rod down the wrong sized barrel and had to drill it out (or maybe the rod expanded???)

250yd range was happily plugging targets when my neighbor asked wth I'm doing shooting his target...

Arrrived at range once with lots of guns and not a single magazine...

And many more...

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I mounted a removable carry handle on a riser on my AR, then took a picture. Looked at it and thought WTH stupid!!! :D

Didn't quite line up right...lol....

I've done a lot of stupid things like this,lol

6. OC357

OC357 New Member

Emptied a cylinder of a magnum with no ear protection once......ears rang for 3 days....

It made me wonder if all those in the old days went deaf....

OC

7. Gus556

Gus556 New Member

I woke up late for a highpower match and hastily packed my gear. The ammo I loaded were all tracers. Didnt realize it until the first 5 minutes of open sighters. After 2 shots everyone on the range was looking at lane 5 (where I was).

8. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I went into a burning building once wearing a '70's era plastic type retention holster. When I got out I stood there a minute and couldn't figure out why my right foot was so dang hot. My holster was on fire and melting onto my shoe

9. Mandy

Mandy New Member

I went to the range once with one of my AKs, mags and plenty of ammo and after loading the rifle, I sighted the target and click, though that had a misfire so I waited a minute and cleared the rnd, aimed again and click, upon further inspection I realized that the firing pin assbly was at my safe and I forgot to install it before going out.
    I quietly packed all up and left, nobody noticed my fluke

10. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Twice now I've driven to my friends farm to shoot my .22 and forgotten the mags :p

11. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

ditto on forgetting mags, I dont think I'll ever learn. Oh, and tokarev mags won't work in a 1911.....just fyi...

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

my friend forgot mags for his 22 once. and i was lucky. while hunting one day i had grabbed my sisters 7mm 08 ammo instead of my .308... luckly i didnt see anything to shoot at that day

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Back in the day, a uniformed officer carried a 5 inch Model 10, with a holster that was attached to the upper part with a swivel, When you sat in a car, it folded up along your leg, but hung down when you stood.

Bailed out of the car one night after a burglar. Ran him a block down an alley, and tackled him. He was squirming, and a reached for the butt of my revolver- to find a neat row of 12 rounds of ammo, half a swivel- and no holster or revolver. Got him cuffed, got back to the car, and there was my revolver, holster, and the other half of the swivel, on the front seat. Damned rivet broke when I jumped out.

Got a new holster the next day. And a Mdl 36 for my hip pocket, under the notebook.

14. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

That would SUCK LOL

15. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

Had a double-feed on a STEN SMG one day. A live round was jammed into the chamber tight. I tried to knock it out from the barrel end with the flimsy plastic cleaning rod that I had handy to no avail, and when I couldn't dislodge it with the small screwdrivers in my range bag, I got the bright idea to let the bolt slam closed, figuring that the extractor would catch on the round's rim so that I could pull it back out. (Hey, it works with Glocks, right?)

Just as I released the bolt and it began to go forward, I remembered that the open-bolt STEN has a fixed firing pin machined into the bolt face. Too late.

BANG!!! :eek:

My hearing protection was off and the muzzle was pointing at a hot water heater. ID-10-T award, right there. :rolleyes: