thin blue line sticker on personal cars

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by downsouth, Jan 6, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

That sticker is a sign of solidarity for leos and their families, does it carry a get out of a routine traffic ticket value also?

2. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I would imagine not once he gets to your window and finds out you are in fact not law enforcement.

3. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I was meaning legit use. LEOs and family.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sort of like the lady my friend stopped for speeding. He had run her license, walked back up to the car, when she smiled at him and said "I thought the police did not write tickets to pretty girls."

He looked at her smiled, and said "That's right, we don't. Here's your ticket."

And got back in his car REAL fast!

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Now thats funny. Still laughing

6. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I don't know about the sticker, but a badge damned sure does. Good friend of mine is LEO, and I've been with him when he was stopped for speeding...WELL in excess of the posted limit. He flipped that "shiny lil' piece of metal" and some kind of state ID card, and we were on our way!! Just ain't fair... :)

7. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Sounds like everyone here has gotten a ticket every time they were stopped!
    I doubt it! In stead of all the recent LEO bashing that seems to be prevalent here when this is a weapon forum. Don't you have any weapons information to share with us? People need to be more concerned about what is going on in our Government. And to promote the good of our FTF!
    See the recent thread on becoming 70 years of age and tell me those issues are not more important that a traffic ticket. The thin Blue Line is a symbol remembering all of the officers who have given their life for me and you and are listed on the Wall in Washington DC. I have three friends listed there! Like the same symbolism as the stencils and patches of the Soldiers that stand at the Vietnam Memorial in Washington is for some of us Vets here on the Forum. Some Gave ALL! We all need to unite for a common cause for a change. To promote America get it back on track and support one of the greatest Forums on the Internet.;)
    Thanks for your consideration.

8. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Easy there, 03....I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I'm IN NO WAY bashing LEO's...you'll notice in my reply that the LEO referenced is "a good friend of mine". And frankly, I have no problem with you guys letting each other slide on speeding...matter of fact, I'd be surprised if you did not. Professional courtesy is present in every profession in some form or another, and the fact that you guys have an inherently dangerous job that allows for the rule of law....well I would think a perk or two is in order.

Sorry if you were offended...I was just trying to share what I felt was a funny story.

9. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Sniper03, I started the thread with no intention of it bashing LEOS. I noticed the stickers a couple years back and wondered why they were becoming so prevalent in the area I live. There is just no way I can imagine all the vehicles I see having one being LEO or direct family. So that was the nature of my op.

If you feel bashed, I greatly appologize for starting this, it certainly was not the original intent
    Now can a mod kill my rosemarys baby that I gave birth to. Thanks

10. Sniper03

Chandler,

Thank you for your response! And even in my book there are those LEOs who flagrantly take advantage and should not even be LEOs in the first place and professional courtesy only stretches so far. In my opinion talking about a line some no doubt cross the line and become a disgrace to most of us. The only thing that was a little dig was using the Blue Line for what it represents as the issue here. I am sure after thinking about it, there was no direct intent to use for a purpose at least not on my end. Because to me it is like the window and bumper stickers one sees that states for "In Memory of _______ 1985-2005!" That is why I took offense after what it means to me and the fact when you have lost three friends in the line of duty that were all three shot. Then it becomes a Symbol of meaning to you. And not a symbol of a cheap passport over a traffic ticket.
    Goes back to the point most all of us are or become friends here on the FTF and the last thing we need to do is insult or offend our brothers and sisters here. Maybe some including myself need to be more conscious of our intentions and meanings when we post. Enough said on this end! Let's get on with enjoying the Forum! Thanks

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  11. Sniper03

downsouth!

everything is cool my friend! Just hit a nerve with my perception but I understand. Words written do not always come across explaining our true meaning! Thanks 03

12. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Right on, bro. Again my apologies.

13. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Thanks 03, if I have a question about LE I will message you in the future if that be ok with you.

I commend you for holding your ground when something as precious as the memories of fallen brothers are even precieved to be tread on. You are are a man of character, who by your written words alone I admire. Thanks again for your 30 years of service.

14. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  15. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I read that, a yellow = is equal rights for gays. I google searched before starting the thread. REALLY I DID!

16. 0321usmc2001

0321usmc2001 New Member

I remember when the blue line sticker became popular in my area it was given to us by our chief we had stickers for family and a front plate for your personal vehicle but soon the bad guys began making these plates and stickers and the meaning / prestige of the thin blue line was compromised to the point that our chief asked for them all back and department regs were written banning it from all officers vehicles.
    So to answer the question ( for my area ) they don't mean crap any more. We now have a certain arrangement of words that we teach our family that is widely recognized

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Well hell, lets just have a secret freaking handshake in case we get pulled for speeding! That **** smacks of club house kind of bs.
    I'd hate to think my wife would be treated differently in a traffic stop because she doesn't know the ****ing pass word.

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Have I let fellow LEOs off for minor traffic infractions? Yes. Have I issued citations to fellow officers? Yes. Have I taken fellow officers to jail for DWI and family violence? Yes. Non-officers have gotten the same treatment, maybe not proprtionately.

The thin blue line stickers as well as other LE related "support" stickers (Troopers association , etc) have been used by BG's for "camoflage" to help them with their criminal acts (drug couriers especially). I am suspicious of such stickers.

19. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I try to look at these stickers just for what they are supposed to represent. Being retired after 34 years in the streets and losing three brothers plus one wounded in '09 at the same time on the job (was first in on the officer down call as well), I appreciate any sign and symbol of support I see.

Yes, robo, you're right about them being used for camo or mercenary reasons. Still, I'd rather see them than not.

And I REALLY hope that cop bashing isn't prevalent here as was mentioned prior. I left two other firearm related sites for just that reason.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Cop bashing does sometimes happen here, although maybe not as bad as at other sites, but its just the nature Joe Q Public. Many of us have had negative experiences with cops in the past, and the media most definitely doesn't help. How many times do you hear a good story about a cop?

Basically, the cops that are members here are usually pretty well respected within the forum, and the cop bashing is usually INTENDED to be directed towards the crooked cops.

I get just as ticked with people bashing ALL cops as I do with some LEOs that claim there's no such thing as a bad cop.