They grow up way too quickly

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by downsouth, Mar 25, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Yesterday my sons old truck put him down. Turned out to be just the starter. As he was under the truck putting on the new starter, I wondered where the years went to. Seemed like yesterday I was taking the training wheels off his first bike.
    Kids make for a busy life but each moment is a memory. Soon they grow up and memories are what fill your day. I wish all young parents could have the perspective of a few extra years. Enjoy the moments that your kids need you, they don't last long, as it should be I guess.

2. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

I know! My son turned nine in February. Where has the time gone.

Thomas

3. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

My son turns 9 this year, I am 28. I used to regret having a child at such a young age. Now I am very happy I did. I get to spend my "younger" and more energetic years with him.
    As you mentioned, "it seems like yesterday" when I held him for the first time. I remember every moment of the day he was born like it was moments ago. I just hope the next 9 years do not go as fast.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My saying about raising children is.....

Some days are like a year and the years go by in a day. :D

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  5. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Brilliant statement. I will remember that.

Thomas

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Looks like alot of 9 year olds this year, my son turns 9 next month. My little girl will be 2 in may, time does go by fast!

7. yingpin

yingpin New Member

I have a three year old and one on the way so I have to take your words for it! I will say that I am amazed everyday how "old" he seems to get and how fun it is to see how much they want to be like you. I realize that I am so much like my old man now. Good times!!

8. Misfire

Misfire New Member

Tell me about it. My youngest just turned 25.

9. fmj

fmj Active Member

Thats greatness!!

Oldest will 22 in may, daughter is gonna be a senior, Youngest is gonna be the dreaded 13:eek:

NEVER wanted no damn kids....but...Will NEVER forget that day almost 22 years ago i went from being a wild eyed, punk *** kid that was into fast cars, faster girls and big bottles of whiskey to a being a daddy...changed my life forever. For the better!!

Damn do i chuckle when i look back think about how these kids have made my life so much better, made me appreciate life and have caused me mass amounts of grief all at the same time.

10. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

+100 to that. They are truly life savers. I may be young but I definitely have matured way beyond my years when my son was born. Believe it or not, but ive been getting baby fever lately. I keep bringing it up to my wife. With my son turning 9 this year, I don't want more then a 10 year gap between kids. I'd like to enjoy them while I still have the energy.

11. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Youngster! My son turned 40 last summer. :eek:

12. fmj

fmj Active Member

LMAO!!

My buddys eldest is 9, his youngest is 8 months....the bad part is he's 42!!! Makes me SOOO glad my eldest was born when i was 20!!

13. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

my puppy turns 1 in July!

14. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I feel the same way. Like I mentioned earlier, I used to regret it. I guess because I wanted to live my own life a little longer. Eventually that went away and I'd never change a thing. Not to mention, my Ex and I split shortly after he was born. So after we split, I was 22 with custody and i carried a 25lb chick magnet everywhere with me. Lol.

15. fmj

fmj Active Member

LMAO!!!!!

Thats what we used my eldest for...Problem was, he got WAY more attention then his old man did! ;):D

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  16. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

This is true.. and i may be a bit of a pervert here but, I didn't mind him getting more attention sometimes. Especially when they were wearing low cut shirts and would lean over to say "hi" to him. Lol

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Haha........I have three of 'those' kids, too.

18. CGO

CGO New Member

I have only one child that is 28 now and I'm also a step mom to two. I raised him alone from 3 1/2 to 12yrs. old. I must have done something right for he's turned out to be a wonderful husband/father and one hellva worker. He did a tour at the beginning of the war in Iraq in the marines. He loves his family and his job at a nuke lab with the swat team. I am proud of him. My memories of him growing up and photos are all I have now. I cherish them......

19. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

This is off topic...but im just 18 but that perfectly applies to me...im in a long distance relationship :) i sent my girl that quote :D ty Winds of change

20. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

The years slip by.

It is amazing.