Thermold Mags

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by TexasPatriot, Dec 5, 2010.

1. TexasPatriot

TexasPatriot New Member

Has anyone used any of the Canadian military mags? The 20 round Thermold jobs? Centerfire Systems has them catalogued at $897.99 for a case of 225. Thinking about picking up a case if they have been proved out. No, I am not willing to accept the Canadian military endorsement. I know the troops up there call them Thermelts because the feed lips can melt if you overheat them. But, I was thinking they may make good supplemental mags to pass out in a SHTF SNAFU. When retaining mags isn't of the utmost criteria and it would be feasible to simply drop them and bug out when emptied.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

Ok I know I will be slammed here but I have not had any experience with the canadian ones but i do have several that I bought fromm cdnn to try and I have not had any problems with them. Mine have have a date of 95 on them but they are marked Moldmaster which is Thermold. Id stay away from those but id give the others a try CDNN sells them for 4.99 each cost of a pak of smokes and they dont harm you either.