There goes my AR (Keltek FRB) fund :(

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Poink88, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

My 7 year old doesn't like dental appointments much and we will pay for it soon. Her dentist scheduled her for 2 extractions a few fillings, cap and bridge and since she will not cooperate they have to do it in the hospital ER.

After insurance, my cost will be; $595.00 dentist, $75.00 hospital/ER, and $620.00 anesthesiologist for a total of $1,370.00 (could possibly be more) :eek:

I have to start all over again, my RFB have to wait SIGH. :( :mad:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yup. Dontcha' just hate it when life life's on ya?

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am so sorry. My bank account regularly takes a beating, too. I swear my car and all my appliances just know when I have a little saved up. Then they demand attention......and usually for more than I have. :(

Your child's dental health, money well spent.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Seven year old? Those better be permanent teeth prices! Ouch! :eek:

5. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

My thoughts too but (thankfully) they are for baby teeth. I remember, I just used to wait for them to fall!!! :D

6. Car54

Car54 New Member

That's too bad, but the kids and medical stuff do come first. (Cap and a bridge for a 7 year old?) I'm guessing the teeth are crowded and the dentist is making room for the adult teeth to come in?

7. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

It doesn't make sense to me too and still struggling since no permanent teeth on those area yet. I talked to the dentist about it and she insists it will help in the long run but I am not solved on it yet.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

My sisters had great fun encouraging me to do my own toof extractions, usually involving string and a moving object.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

There is no way any dentist would put a bridge on a 7 year old. If yours is I would encourage you to seek another for a second opinion.

Look for a dentist that does anastasia dentistry. Hook that kid up with some Monkey perfume and they were never know what happened.

10. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I think that there is accountant that says: Look, his account is getting higher again. Lets crack his radiator. :mad:

11. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I will talk to her again before the procedure about the bridge because that is my thoughts too. Thanks

12. winds-of-change

It's probably not a bridge but a 'spacer' so the teeth don't start closing a gap that will be needed for the adult teeth to grow in properly. Just my guess.

13. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

You are correct, but she did use both terms. I told her that I do not want them and she asked me nicely why. I responded that I don't think they are necessary and I cannot afford them. She told me that if that is the case, she will will do them for free (she did 3, including an old one)! Those 3 would have cost me $750 easy plus around $1,000 from my insurance IIRC.

Still waiting for the final bill from her and the anesthesiologist...

14. winds-of-change

Good dentist. Keep her!! I know it's expensive but it is very important to keep those spaces open for the adult teeth. Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You did the right thing.

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

A spacer makes perfect sense to me now. Thanks for clearing that up.

I am in for a world of hurt with my sons teeth.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Seriously? You should keep her as a kid's dentist & send her a thank you card attached to a fruit basket (or a box of her favorite ammo if you know it).