The Yankees

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Oct 6, 2011.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

The Yankees are out! That is all.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

That's really a shame! :rolleyes:

3. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

lets go tigers!!!!!!!!

4. fmj

fmj New Member

Our kitties are RESTORING THE ROAR IN BIG D!!

Monday night there will be Lions and Tigers and Bears in Big D! OH MY!!!

5. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

....the who..........

6. fmj

fmj New Member

posted elsewhere... But WTH!

[​IMG]

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Go Rangers!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  8. fmj

fmj New Member

Well, at least i know the next one that isnt gonna like me very well....;):D

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Somebody's a little confident aren't they.:D

10. fmj

fmj New Member

Hell yeah...I need to take the confidence and be boastful whilst i can, i mean, i've been a Tiger and Lions fan for over 30 years for christs sake! If it wasnt for my dead wings i would have jumped off the ambasador bridge by now. :p;):D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSJhqugGprU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJoRxT6B5g[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  11. ElGuapo

ElGuapo New Member

Being an Orioles fan, I say, GO TIGERS!!!! I would love to see the Tigers and Brewers in the world series, even though I am sure it would make MLB management insane what with the revenue loss.

12. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

get on the band wagon! let see what they do tigers next year or without verlanger!

13. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I'm just glad that the Yankoff's lost.

They are a great team,but Steinbrenner has bought enough World Series with his overpayed players over the years.

I refuse to spend any money on professional sports. It's all about money today,what ever happened to the greatness of playing the game.
    Non of these guy's are worth what they are paid.(On Any Team)

Pro sports need to have a straight salary for everyone on the team,and then pay the players that excel at their position with performance bonuses each season.
    You have a great year,you make more money.
    You get hurt,or don't perform,you get the base salary that season.

14. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

agreed.. this is the reason I only watch hockey. These guys take a beating every other night and get paid 1/3 of a football players salary. of course theres always a few in every sport..but hockey is the least "whiney" of them all. Still ...nobody is worth that kind of money.

15. Fatso

Fatso New Member

It's already like that. Suffice it to say each player has a base salary of $100,000. Great players like Jeter, A-Rod, Pujols, etc. make enormous salaries because of what they bring to a team. Players already do get performance bonuses for reaching the playoffs and stuff of the sort. If a team, like the yankees, has a dedicated enough fan base, they can afford to pay their players like they do. Look at the attendance at yankee stadium compared to other parks. They pull in the money so they can afford to attract the most talent.

16. fmj

fmj New Member

and this is where MLB looses (lost) their fans and the status of being "americas game" If they instituted a system like the NFL with Salary cap, free agency and revenue sharing they would have more parity and a more competitive product on the field.

Folks (unless its their team) get sick and tired of seeing the same team(s) at the top of the heap year in and year out...so they just tune out altogether.

17. Fatso

Fatso New Member

I agree fmj. That's why the Rays are so great. Although I'm a yankee fan, there's something satisfying about them doing so well in the AL east. I wish they were still in the hunt.

18. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I'm not talking about Salary Caps.

Everyone on the team regardless of position gets X# of $$$$ each week of the season,and if they play great they get a set bonus for that weeks play.

No enormous signing bonuses,or anything like that.Just performance bonuses.

It shouldn't cost a weeks paycheck to go watch a sporting event.
    I can get free tickets to a lot of sporting events,but I refuse to support all of these overpaid athletes,and the greed of the owners.
    Why in the hell would anyone pay $20 or whatever it cost now for a beer and a hotdog at a sporting event?

19. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Yankees...Who???....