The XD has been retired...I now carry this.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by spittinfire, Dec 2, 2009.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My wife has set the bar high in our first 2 years of marriage as far as birthday presents go. Last year she got me the target cube and this year she got me this...
    A Crossbreed Supertuck and it's awesome!! It got here early so I've been wearing this set up for the past couple of weeks. I've worn it in all kinds of clothing and it's very easy to make disappear.

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

If you are wondering why I retired the XD as my home defense gun, I've got a range report coming shortly that will help explain. I still love my XD and will not sell it. I would trust my life with it and have for several years. The Kimber is simply easier to hide.

2. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

Nice set up spitty. Looks like you've got a good one there, better hang on to her. Congrats!

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Love them Crossbreed Supertucks Spitty, good choice....congrats. :D

Jack

5. ccr203

ccr203 New Member

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Looks like a good setup. :cool:

7. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

nice pick up

8. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

Very nice, ? for you, do you wear one size larger paints with the inside wast band holster. I have a few and just can not get accustomed to them. Any hints on making them work better for me.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is an interesting set up. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the update Spitty!

JD

10. spittinfire

I've found the more relaxed cut pants give me more room and comfort. Rule of thumb is one size larger but it doesn't always apply so you have to play with it. For me the best position is 4 o clock, it's just behind my hip so I'm not any wider and it slips the grip into the small of my back where my shirt can hide it.

If you haven't looked at it before I highly suggest it. Lifetime warranty, if you want the kydex adjusted for a tighter or looser grip on the weapon, it's free. The big reason I went with it is because you can actually tuck your shirt it. There are some places you just need to tuck your shirt in and I wanted to be able to carry in all situations. I wore it to church on Sunday with a button down tucked in and my wife didn't know I was wearing it until we got home. They make different color clips and different styles to meet your needs.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I take that recommendation highly from someone like you Spitty. I shall check them out tonight. I need to finalize some Christmas shopping anyways. :D

12. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

I also have the Cross Breed Super Tuck (but for my XD45C) and absolutely love it. Like Spitty, I wear mine in the 4 o'clock position and wear my regular size pants and a loose fitting polo or button down over it. I've found that the thicker material of the polo in a darker color hides my weapon better than lighter colors and/or fabric weights. I wore it to dinner the other night with my wife and her family and no one had a clue that I was carrying, even with black clips over a brown belt as the loose fitting polo covers the majority of the exposed portion of the clips.

I'm really glad you like the CBST, Spitty! Now if I can just talk my wife into letting me get another one for my Kimber...

13. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Bought a supertuck deluxe along with a good belt a couple months ago based on recommendations I got on another FTF thread.
    Great holster, very comfortable and concealable. Carry full size kimber and ten minutes after I put it on for the first time, I forgot it was even there. I know the belt helps too, but in my somewhat limited experience, this is the best IWB holster Ive used.

14. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I have tried to bring myself to purchase a Crossbred Supertuck but I just do not like the way they look. I have never been able to hold one nor do I know anyone that owns one, but the craftsmenship lookes like it is not well made. I would hate to spend the money on it to test it out and find out that I did not like it.

I have the Milt Sparks VM2 for my XD45C. I was using a Galco Summer Confort Holster for IWB till I got my VM2. Now I wonder why it took me so long to order it.

15. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

I LOVE my crossbreed holster now that I've had it a few months and it's "broken in." I wear it at 4 o'clock with a Colt Combat Commander. My pants are already slightly large on me (1") so I don't have any issues with IWB carry and pant size. It's really comfortable, and I barely notice that my gun is there except when I'm driving...

Oh, I also wear my shirts tucked in most of the time, which is another reason I love this holster.

My only complaint is the retention, which is very little. There's instructions on how to increase it, and I just may sometime.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  16. spittinfire

I can understand not wanting to spend the money without being able to handle one first and I had some of the same feelings. I can promise you, the holster is a well made piece. If you order it and decide you don't like it, you have 2 or 3 weeks to return for a refund, so you and try it and then decide. Plus is has a lifetime warrenty.

17. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

I like to carry my Kimber too - it hides real well.

18. singleshot

singleshot New Member

I just bought my Supertuck a few weeks ago. I carry my XD SC 9mm in it and sometimes my XDm 9mm.

I really like my ST! I also like the fact that I can carry either XD in it, they both fit just right.

19. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Thanks for the info Spittinfire. I might have to order one and find out if I like it or not. I just find it hard to believe that it is more comfortable then the
    VM-2.

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I decided to give this a try after my good friend Rusty suggested it. :p

I got it about a week ago and I tried it for the first time last weekend. Not a big outing, but I wore it for about 3 hours and it was quite comfortable.

I am not a big fan of Kydex. In fact, along with plastic guns, I hate plastic holsters almost as much.

That said, this carry system is quite comfortable and I see myself wearing it more often than some of my other holsters.

Here are a few pictures with some guys Nighthawk GRP I borrowed for testing. :rolleyes:

Attached Files: