The world is coming to an end.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OMG it is snowing the world is going to end. The shelves are bare of milk eggs and tp at walmart and other stores. There is not a spec of bottled water to be had for 50 miles.

We have 1/2" of snow aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D:D:D:D

2. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Send it this way!!! I can't drive for another 4 weeks (Rotator cuff surgery), and it's about 3 miles to the pistol range. Not a bad walk in the snow, but this rain crap ain't for me. Make sure that you spend 25 minutes ruining your credit cards before climbing into your vehicle and turning on the defroster! ( I love living in the Mid-Atlantic region.....)

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I didn't know you relocated to the PNW Tango. :p

We get half an inch of the white stuff around here and much the same thing happens - everyone goes on a buying frenzy and we cancel schools, our "cutting edge" transit system pretty much shuts down and half the work force stays home. The other half mistakenly believe that their SUV is impervious to ice/snow and continue to drive like idiots, usually resulting in a multiple car pile up and/or a lane closure do to a 90 degree example of deceleration trauma involving a Jersey Barrier. :rolleyes:

JD

4. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Lordy Lordy

Hold tight, I'll get the Husky's harnessed, all the guns loaded, Jack Daniels in the sled, and get started to save you from down here in the far south Va. Try to hang on.

5. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Jersey Barrier. :rolleyes:

Hit one of those on a tractor once when I was 12, pissed that old cow off terrible, Granny beat he!! out of me. Then Pop did to. Watch out for Granny's milk cow. (true story)

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

It snows the same time of the year, every year here, and most of the folks here have never left the area.

Yet every time it snows, it's like the first time for them, the milk-bread-toilet paper hoarding, nobody remembers how to drive, and the panic ensues.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

As if on cue - and I can't make this up, so I am going to have to post the link as soon as it hits the local news, but we have ( 2 ) roll over accidents, effectively closing the 519 highway this morning due to.... wait for it.... falling snow and cold weather conditions.

Mrs. Dillinger has had to turn around and work from home today because she can't get into the office with all the traffic....:rolleyes:

EDIT: Up To the Minute around the South Puget Sound....

JD

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Snow? :eek:

Ah you guys, made me run out to see. :confused:

Nope, 82F and the sun is shining. :cool:

You guys are such kidders! :p

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Cold ("Arctic") front hit Centex this morning. When I left for work at O'dark thirty, it was nearly 70. It is supposed to be 32 by 6 PM. Light precip means the bridges and overpasses will be dangerously iced over by morning. The capital city will be strangled with wrecks and other assorted and assundry stranded vehicles. It is probably better if people just stay home. For every experienced driver that knows how to negotiate the icy roads, there are 10,000 morons that think 70 mph and slamming brakes are good ideas on black ice.

Oh, the huge manatee!

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I dislike canebrake.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Seriously! :p I am up here freezing my tuchas off and that bastard is down there in the sun, checking out bikini's and drinking mojito's..... *shaking fist*

JD

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Yeah! Mojito drinkin, bikini watching, sun tannin' ^%$#$%&%^##!;)

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yep, on my out to the outdoor range. I'll fill you in with the RR in the PM.:D

Markham Park, Broward Co, Sunrise FL:cool:

[​IMG]

14. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

D A W G

Dawg, low down dawg, didn't think you would do this to us Cane. Cold, wet, pissed, old, ill, mad, I miss anything:mad:

15. user4

user4 New Member

Snow without a mountain is just sad.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Dillinger vs Canebrake

[​IMG]

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

True story When I was dating my wife back in 2003 I was down for the long pres day weekend. We had a horrible snow storm (meaning 12" of snow intermixed with ice) it was bad but not all that bad. Well needless to say we hadn't been watching too much tv since I had gotten to her house with laundry and all. So saturday night we go out to get some dinner at the store and the shelves were empty. We grabbed 1 gal of milk and I was looking at something turned around and a lady was steeling my milk. I said just what in the hell do you think your doing. She gave me this look like you don't need it. then her husband came around the corner and seen me with my hands on my milk and his wife trying to pull it out of my hands. He turned beat red and said " Really, do we need 10 gal of milk?" the chick had 9 gallons of milk 10 loaves of bread 6 dozen eggs and 36 rolls of tp in her cart. We were just out to do a little shopping for dinner. Her husband gave up one of their gallons of milk plus our and apologized and rushed his crazy wife out of the store before she could steal anyone else's milk bread or eggs.

18. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

It's mid 70s here in Cali. Makes you sad that you moved, huh?

19. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Hmmm... freeze to death or live in Kali.

Hypothermia isn't all that painful.:eek:

20. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I can hardly wait to brave the elements once again as soon as we evac out of Kalifornia.