The wifes new gun

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by purehavoc, Jan 15, 2014.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

S&W 638 pink grip as requested

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

She looks quite pleased with it.

3. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Congrats,she looks very happy with her new 638.

I've been looking at some of the various j frames that smith offers and the internal hammers or shrouded hammers are really appealing to me for the fact they can be fired from a pocket if needed and no worry about a exposed hammer snagging.

When you get a chance let us know how it shoots,also how's the trigger feel on the J frames.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Very very smooth and light trigger in S/A . I did not expect the trigger to be quite that light . Shrouded hammer is the way to go IMHO . That way your not limited to DAO .

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

My wife had a 638 for a little bit. It just didn't fit her like she thought it would. I thought the SA trigger was very light and crisp and the DA was great also. She just didn't care for it, she opted for an Lc9.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Firearms Talk mobile app

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very nice little revolver. I would like to have a shrouded hammer revolver. But..........I want to see the pink grips. :eek:

7. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Don't be surprised if you walk in on her talking into the mirror with the gun in her hand. "You feel lucky punk?" or "Are you looking at me?":p:D

She does look happy!!!

8. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Thanks for the trigger report purehavoc.
    I've been looking at some 642s w/internal hammer as well some of the shrouded hammer models,they look like a great carry companion.

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My FIL has the 642 , he is wishing he would have known about the 638 being a S/A, D/A . He thinks he would have went that route .

10. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Gotta keep in women happy!! :D A happy wife is a happy husband .. :D :D

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice gun, happy wife, life must be good.

:)

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a 642. My wife has one in 22mag. I looked at the one that you can cock. But I was concerned that if you cocked it and then needed to uncock it, that might be dangerous.

13. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Smith J frames are the puppies of the gun world, simply adorable.....everybody that handles one smiles :)

14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Wifey tell you to remove her picture holding an evil gun from the interwebz?

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

She told me I could post it for a couple days . Being a school teacher and all she gets kinda flaky on these kinda deals