The wife wants a pistol

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jamesshort81, Feb 13, 2012.

1. jamesshort81

jamesshort81 New Member

He found her a taurus 380 that she wanted are these good little pistols

Choose this day who you will serve as for me and my family we will serve the Lord

2. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

I hear that the TCP model is pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Some co-workers have them and think they are pretty good.

4. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I have a TCP myself and I like it better than the Kel Tec I used to have.

5. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Have her take a look at a Ruger LCP... or if she wants more stopping power (and can handle it) an LC9. As for the Taurus... A shootin' buddy of mine has one and it is a nice little gun for an import. Smooth action.

6. jamesshort81

jamesshort81 New Member

Thank I will have her look

Choose this day who you will serve as for me and my family we will serve the Lord

7. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Look @ the S & W Bodyguard comes with the laser. I shot the Taurus nice shooter. Before you get your wife a gun you are on good terms with her right?

8. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

LOL Bond, James Bond

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

9. northhike

northhike New Member

Speaking of James Bond....take a look at the Bersa 380's. Nice comfortable and small frame pistol that I am sure she will enjoy shooting.

10. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Remember it has to fit in her hand bag and not be "too heavy" it wont do her any good if she wont have it with her at all times ( Ruger LCP )

11. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

My girlfriend has a Bodyguard .380 and WE BOTH hate it, all of our friends hate it too. It has a 12lb trigger and shoots about 8 inches low at 5 yards. Feels good in the hand though, not that it makes up for it. I think its more of a "belly gun", if you run it up into someone's gut you are just about at the maximum effective range.

12. jamesshort81

jamesshort81 New Member

Ya I'm still on good terms with her she went to the range and shot the Taurus today and it was dead on at 25yards and she said it was comfortable in her hands we are going back tomorrow to try out some others

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Which range are you going to?

14. jamesshort81

jamesshort81 New Member

H&h in okc

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

2A shooting center in Tulsa has really nice shop and a really big selection and decent prices to. They also have an indoor range and rent out handguns.

16. jamesshort81

jamesshort81 New Member

Thanks I'll check them out

17. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

LOL My Ex girl friend got her Concealed Pistol Permit. Was strange teaching her to shoot her gun. Not only that teaching her soon to be husband how to shoot to. Now the best part was I was the minister at her wedding. I told her pay back time just before the vows and she goes the groom's packing. I said so am I.

Has she tried a 9mm like the Ruger LC9? It is a little larger and it might be less recoil and I feel it would be a better choice for a defensive pistol then a 380. Another gun might a Sig Sauer [​IMG]
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p250-subcompact-nitron.aspx

What is nice it can be changed to different sizes and cal.