The wife did good

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by FernandoTheCommando, Dec 25, 2013.

1. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

She got me a Fenix tk11 285 lumen light, morakniv knife (decent cheap knife) , a bed side holster, and the medic pouch for my 5.11 rush bag.

ForumRunner_20131225_011708.jpg

ForumRunner_20131225_011719.jpg

2. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

Will that flashlight be mounted on anything?

3. FernandoTheCommando

Possibly. I've got a streamlight that could be mounted on a gun as well. I might use the fenix as an EDC light for now since the streamlight has only one setting (200 lumen high) and this one has a low option for normal use. At some point I'm sure ill throw it on my HD shotgun. So far I'm super impressed with the fenix! Quality all around.

4. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Nice haul!

Mora knifes are fantastic ..... With the scandi grind they are extremely easy to return a wicked edge too with little effort.

5. FernandoTheCommando

Yeah I was looking at that edge thinking how the heck I'm gonna sharpen it lol. Can I just use a 20 degre angle for it? It looks like it's got a huge unsharpened bevel and then the actual blade bevel is really tiny. It's almost like a razor.

6. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Yes, that will work fine. Play with it a bit it will sharpen quickly. Keep a small ceramic rod in your pack to keep it tuned up after use.

7. FernandoTheCommando

Did some research. Apparetnly on the general purpose blades they put a tiny secondary bevel after the initial polished bevel. Some forums were saying not to continue sharpening the secondary micro bevel and just to start return it to a zero grind following the initial poished bevel. Well, at least this knife is cheap enough that I can practice on it and not feel like I'm screwing up an expensive knife. Btw that Fenix light is excellent. I highly recommend it.

8. FernandoTheCommando

I keep a smiths kit in my pack. It's got a diamond stone, a 1000 grit stone, oil, and a clamp that locks the angles for you. Seems to work pretty good.