The Value of Unusual Firearms.

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by The Swede, Dec 22, 2010.

1. The Swede

The Swede New Member

Hello everyone. Sadly my grandfather recently died. On the lighter side he left the family some rare and unusual firearms, by Swedish law we have a year to get rid of them (get a license for each individual weapon or sell them) if we don't the police will take them and smelt them down. Sadly getting a license for a firearm in Sweden is difficult and usually takes over a year, and because of the large amounts of paperwork required to get a used firearm the prices of used guns have plummeted.

Here is a list of the unusual firearms he left us and their approximate value in here in Sweden

* 1. Husqvarna modell 10, 12 gauge, early 20 century, exposed hammers, Lefaucheux under lever, Damascus barrels, heavily engraved, 85% condition. Value in Sweden $90 US

* 2. Colt Frontier Scout Golden Spike single action, .22 LR, gold plated, condition 100% never fired, with the wooden box and all the papers. value in Sweden $0 US.

* 3. Winchester 1894 "Apace", 30-30cal , gold plated, condition 100% never fired. value in Sweden $40 US.

* 4. Mateba Unica 6, .357 mag, semi-automatic blow-back revolver Carbine, skeleton stock, Aimpoint sight, condition 90%. Value in Sweden $0 US.

* 5. Steyr Mannlicher-Schoenauer carbine, full length stock, made in 1908, double-set triggers, 7,92x 57mm I , condition 95%. value in Sweden $150 US.

You could probably get more money if you sold them directly to a buyer, but that takes time and if you take to much time you loose everything when the police knocks on your front door.
    There where some others weapons to, but nothing worth mentioning. My question is simple, how much are these firearms worth in The United States?

Sorry about my bad English.

2. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

hiSwede ,If you want to sell the .22 Single action ,let me know ;I live in Europe ,but since they belonged to your grandfather I would keep them
    the thought of melting them to scrap is .....pure horror,IMHO they probably disapear in someone's private collection instead of melting them

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I have sent a message to a friend in Germany. He may be able to help you. Best regards, JP

4. The Swede

The Swede New Member

I don't know if I can do that, permanently moving a firearm outside of Sweden requires alot of paperwork even if it is to another EU country. And Even if it is possible for us to sell you the weapon I can't because technically I don't Own any of the guns, my mother is does, and I don't think she wants to make everything more complicated than it already is.

Thank you, but I'm afraid that I can't accept any help, as I don't technically own any of the guns, and I'm not the one responsible for getting rid of the weapons. We yill try to sell the guns online to private buyers in Sweden, but we will probably end up selling the weapons (12 of the 14 in total) to a gun store for a serious under-price.

5. jpattersonnh

Is Sweden part of the European union? I believe it is, so it basicly means you can sell on European gun auctions and sell to buyers in other EU states. Pass the info along. I know a few guys in Germany that might pay way more then you ever expected. If you send me a PM, I can get you in contact w/ a great guy that will walk your family through the process.

6. jpattersonnh

I just got an E-mail from Juergen. He gave me the site of a dealer in Sweden.
    He also would love an e-mail address of the person that is selling them. I asked him the question on the EU also. I was correct. Here is the site of the dealer. You can PM me an E-mail address if you like.
    http://www.vapentjanst.com/

7. The Swede

The Swede New Member

this is all going a bit to fast for me, I have to talk to the official owner of the weapons first, and I have to talk to the guy who is keeping the weapons (our family doesn't have a gun safe)

8. jpattersonnh

Ok, hope it all works out. Sorry, I tend to latch on to things like a pit bull. JP