the value of my sks

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by akageorgia, Aug 1, 2009.

1. akageorgia

akageorgia New Member

hey yall, i just got an sks for a steal and im looking to now sell it and get a hand gun for carry, but idk what the value is on it, its a MDL 59/66 yugo with a t6 tapco stalk and a brand new bayonet, it also has the sights for the grenade launcher, and its in really good condition, i got it for 100 bucks but i know its worth way more than that, thx

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Depends. If selling to a private citizen, would go for more than to a dealer, who MUST make a profit to stay in business.

Suggestion- take a stroll over to gunbroker.com and Auctionarms.com You may need to register, but as a buyer (should be no charge)

Run a SMART search or advanced search- Use CLOSED IN LAST 90 DAYS, and the term Yugo SKS. That will give you the best idea of what they HAVE sold for in past 3 months.

3. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

4. karlsgunbunker

karlsgunbunker New Member

In original "Excellent" Condition $250 - $350 depending on year etc.
    With a T6 you might get $250 if you find someone who wants a Bubba'd rifle.
    Collectors won't touch it.

You can find more info on value at Survivors SKSboards.

Yugo's are slowly drying up but I was never a fan of them and sold mine years ago.

Albanians bring $450+
    Russians $400+
    Chicoms $350+
    Yugo & romanians $250 +/-

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I bought an "Arsenal New" Yugo 59/66 in 2006 and paid $199 for it. It's probably worth $300 today. A Tapco stock decreases the value. Yours would probably be worth $200-$250 if it looks new.

6. Comp23

Comp23 New Member

At the last gunshow in Pasadena Yugo SKS were going for $235 plus tax. I didnt see anyone buying.

7. Laufer

Laufer New Member

The potential buyers must not have found the grenades which would make the clumsy length and forward c.g. practical and fun.