The VA, insurance, government rant.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bobbyb13, Jun 5, 2009.

1. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

OK, no profanity from me. My last relative. My uncle Jake. Paratrooper 82nd airborne, D day survivor. The VA has cut 60 % of his meds off, no help getting to, and from the VA. I take care of it. Between Doctor visits, Meds, Utilities, (no cable, no cell phones, no car, nothing but a place to live, food on the table) No insurance company will touch him. With his VA check, and Social Security. After I pay what he absolutely has to have to live. He has $17.00 to spend a month. No smokes, No beer, Nada. Now this man looked out for me, he WILL be taken care of long as I'm sucking air. Way to take care of the greatest generation America. I could call this great county every name in the book but I just can't do that. It just SUCKS the way these men are treated. Rant over.

2. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Send your story to the local news Bobby. That sucks that America is pissing on our vets like that.:mad: Do me a favor, Shake your Uncles hand for me and say thanks from Minion. And if you send me an address, I will buy that man any brand beer he wants and send it to him fed-ex. If I was closer I would hand it to him but that would be a long drive for a beer;)

3. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Thanks Minion

I take him a case every month, and a carton of smokes as needed. It will stay that way. If a 86 year old Vet wants to fire up a Winston. Fine. He is a clean, neat old timer that still has all his programs in that head running. Has never talked about, over there. I don't ask. But some the tales about after they got home will bust your sides. One quote. "Boy, jumping out of a airplane ant squat, it is those landings that are rough."

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  4. jng2985

jng2985 New Member

Tell him thankyou from me..

and +1 on dropping a line to you're local news.. It is very disgusting how VETS are treated, "give you're life just to be ****ted on", BS!

5. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Well Bobby the offer is on the table, If you ever want me to send him a case for ya just send me the Addy and ANY brand he wants, it will be in the mail by the end of the week:cool:

6. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

You are a stand up guy Minion. I will shake his hand, and pass your offer on. He will probably say. Hell, I'm all right. He dearly loves to hear from my Boys. They call him at least once a week. Matt, and he swap War, and Bar stories.;)

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I am sorry to hear that bobby. I don't have the words to describe how appalling it is that those who fought for our country are not treated even fairly. Tell your uncle a big thanks for me and god bless. Plus 1 on Minion, let me know where and what and I would be honored to send him a case. :)

Not to hijack but - just this week Mayor Bloomberg stated that "$400k is not a lot of money", in reference to the president's salary. I don't know, but $400k is a hell of lot of money if you ask me. How about cutting politicians salaries by 30%, cutting spending by 30% and we see how much money is left over? I'll bet all those promises that have been made over generations past would be able to be fulfilled. Our government is completely out of touch and completely out of control. :mad:

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'll second minion's offer or pop for some cigarettes, either one. i'll send him some dang good beef jerky if he likes the stuff. I have a huge amount of respect for that generation and especially those who fought. If he wants to burn one while sipping a beer he should certainly be able to, he has more then earned that right. We need to take better care of all our vets and make sure they get the care they need medically which doesn't sound like it's happening here. +1 on getting it to a local paper.

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

+ 3 and more for getting the local TV news involved. It will make a difference, especially when you drag out all his awards and a Purple Heart, I am assuming he should have. If he doesn't, let me know I will gladly give him one of mine. That's just down right disrespectful and a slap in the face to him and all our foregoing bothers and veterans. WTF? :mad: :( :mad:

10. orangello

orangello New Member

I have never understood why the VA isn't an exemplary service provider; of all people who deserve good medical care, these guys are the ones most deserving, imo.

That sucks indeed! People like me get to goof off & complain about every little inconvenience because of guys like him fighting for us. I appreciate his contribution to my freedoms.

If you do ever want to let a few people pitch in for something extra for him (even if it is just a nice steak dinner), i would appreciate the priviledge of contributing to that cause.

11. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Honored

This was unexpected. I wasn't looking for the help you men offered, I was just pi$$ed off the way Vets are used and tossed. I will pass on your comments and offers to Jake. I know his answer, "I just did what I was supposed to". I am honored to know you Men. If I can repay the comments and offers just say so. THANKS TO ALL.

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Bobby, please tell your uncle for me "Keep yer feet and knees together" (greeting from one old jumper to a senior one) If I can be of help, please PM me.

Also- please consider contacting the 82nd Assoc- Home - 82nd Airborne Division Association
    And see if someone there can offer some help in dealing with the VA. The worst outcome will be they say they can't help.

13. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Count me in too. Let me know what he needs................markerdown

14. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'm not rich, but I will gladly give anything I can to him. Let me know.

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, now I am up to speed and this is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable!!

I am in for a regular shipment of some FTF love!!

We have a good group of guys here and this is another fine example of why I like it here so much!!

You guys are the best.

JD

16. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

The VA is barely capable of providing baseline care. It's not due to disinterested medical staff or lack of taxation, but to the ponderous bureaucracy which leeches the efficiency and the effectiveness out of what SHOULD be a capable and available service to our veterans. Basically, you have millions of EO hires underserving thousands of veterans. Just like every other federal program.