The ultimate "fun" semi-auto

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by locutus, Feb 18, 2014.

1. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

[​IMG]

FNH PS90. 5.7X28 50 round mag. (on top) Built in tritium optics or rail.

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

You didn't get the pink Hello Kitty one?:eek::p

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Those are pretty neat. I have not gotten to fire the PS but I have shot 5.7 out of a AR platform , the bottom ejection seems odd on the AR but it works , but nothing brings a smile to my face like this one . Once I pick it up I have a hard time putting it down . I would be happy just shooting it all day when I go to the range :D

[​IMG]

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The new CZ Scorpion Evo is on my checklist.

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I wouldn't buy the PS90 based on the ammo alone. Too hard to find around here, and if you do, too expensive.

How does an AR lower bottom eject? IMHO, I would vote for most semi auto guns ejecting downward. It'd save you from having to look for the brass.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Agreed. When I hear "fun plinker" I think "cheap plentiful ammo".

You should watch a video on that bottom ejecting out the usual magwell; it looks cool. I have not shot an AR57. [ame]http://youtu.be/YPFqBNtAUxc[/ame]

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Ahh, I see, mag on top. Very nice. Other than the ammo availability and cost problem, it looks pretty good. Also sounds quiet, and low recoil.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  8. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

For years, I considered my M-1 .30 carbine was the greatest "fun gun" there was! Centerfire cartridge, no recoil, could fire it all day and not wear out. It's just in the last few years that .30 carbine ammo became harder to find.

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

It has very little recoil, but the bullet has almost as much energy as a .357 Mag's. It holds 35 rounds :D

PPS-43C - 7.62x25mm Tokarev

[​IMG]

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

That AR57 looks pretty neat. If it weren't for the caliber, I wouldn't mind having one.

Did you buy it? If so, congrats. I've always liked the concept of this gun.

That things pretty awesome.

Lots of neat guns in this thread.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

just for the fun of it, with no practical purpose whatsoever, a MAC 10.

12. derpie

derpie New Member

Pmr 30 for me, ammo is cheaper than expected.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

Just plain fun as hell ar15 in 223/556.

M1 carbine ties it for fun factor but you really gotta load for it

14. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

My favorite would have to be an ar15 pistol with 7.5-10.5" barrel. The fun is never ending.

15. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I was in love with the calico 9mm carbine; Kelly grip, perfect balance, choice of two magazines: 50 or 100 rounds.
    I found one online for next to nothing and ordered it. When it arrived at the dealer, holy crap! It was like holding the Mona Lisa. :D
    I took it out the day after Christmas. Loaded up an entire box of ammunition and wound the magazine. It shot reasonably accurately for the few shots I made. I pushed the magazine spring release and heard the ammo fall into chaos. :(
    I unloaded, then reloaded the magazine.
    That is when I realized it was a magnificent weapon for a swat team member, but completely useless for the average McCool. No good for self defense when the magazine must be wound ten times before engaging the rifle. I sold it to a coworker for cost. I don't even miss it.
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1392780765.393369.jpg

16. DP03

DP03 New Member

For me, probably my AK "pistol". Red dot with light . A blast to shoot. 10, 20, 30, or 75 rounds.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  17. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've never had a problem finding ammo for it.

And the price??? I've been paying $23-$25 per box of FIFTY ROUNDS.
    That's no more than .45 ACP or .357 magnum. Heck of a lot cheaper than .223.

BTW. Federal now makes ammo for it, so FN/Fiochhi no longer has a monopoly on the ammo

18. orangello

orangello New Member

My SKS eats for $5/20 rounds or less and never burps. 50 cents a round is a bit rich for my regular plinkin fun. Now, a box or two to maintain basic aim on a SD pistol, 50 cent per is no problem, but not for blasting dozens of cans with wild abandon.

Let me know when Wolf or Blazer is pumping out boxes at the Low-low.

19. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Hi Orangello, how are things in the Deep South?

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Warm and humid with thunderstorms coming through late tonight. It's supposed to hit 80f out there today.

How is it over there in das fatherland? :)