The Ultimate Edge Sharpener

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by M14sRock, Apr 6, 2011.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I'm a huge fan of the Ultimate Edge knife sharpeners. Have used them for about 20 years and they rock.

Just came across this article and knew I had to post it.

Full disclaimer though. I am friends with the owner of The Ultimate Edge. I'm trying to get him on board as a vendor here.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You know I may just have to put you on ignore. :mad: I end up spending more and more every time I read one of your posts. :eek:

BTW, nice post ;)

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I guess I'm prehistoric. I still use a whetstone and oil. :eek:

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Yeah, but the good news is that the Ultimate Edge sharpeners are pretty affordable and they last for years.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I use whetstones and oil around camp and in the garage, but for home touch-ups the UE is super easy. I do my knives on the couch while watching TV. Works like a kitchen steel, but does a great edge.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So? It's a chef's semi-round steel then? Not a sharpening system for beginners??

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

It is an elliptical shape, but works like a steel. Way easier to use, though.

Not as monkey proof as a Lansky style set, but still easy to use. You can feel when the edge is applied correctly.

I'll post pics of mine when I get home later.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I was not all that impressed with the sharpeners but that chick on the forkchop web site was FRACKIN HAWTTTTT...

9. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Same here thats the way my papaw taught me and thats how ill always do it