The Truth About Posers

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by Threetango, Jul 1, 2013.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

Good article.

Everyone should do fa least every 5 years and having a trauma kit is a great idea even if you don't know how to use most of it someone else might

We don't promote medical advice anymore than lawyer advice. Seek a professional for training

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

3. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Agree on the medical kit.
    Wife is a nurse and I had some medic training in the Army so we put together a medical kit (small) but effective with a military surgical kit included ( green kit on right) and Israeli quik clot kit last pic.
    When I was taking these pics noticed my surgical tubing was getting old and wife is bring more home.
    Maybe these will give some ideas on a kit for others to build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

very good article. lots of things to think about.

thanks for sharing Tango.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Good article. One note- was re-qualing for FA about 4 months ago, and the instructor mentioned "call 911" but went a bit beyond- pointing out most every phone now has a speaker option. 911-dial, speaker- and talk while working. Had not really thought about it. Instructor included in every scenario and practice, including CPR.

6. DenverSteve

DenverSteve New Member

I keep a full medic bag in my Jeep at all times. Fortunately, I was a SWAT team medic so I can actually use it all.......and hope that if I need it someone else can use it as well.