The Traveler's Gun and Knife Law Book

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Jesse17, May 21, 2011.

1. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I haven't read it, or even heard of it. It seems worthwhile if it will keep you out of trouble.

It's a damn sad thing that we would even need a book like that. It's just common sense to protect yourself. A hundred years ago, a book like that wouldn't have been necessary.

3. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I'm not so worried about the self defense laws as I am things like 'can I go in a restaurant that serves beer and wine', am I required to tell a LEO that I have a CCW if I get pulled over, etc.

Still it is a shame. The gun laws should read...

"Carry whatever the heck you want, wherever you want, and defend yourself and others around you as necessary. Anyone hurt or killed while committing a crime (and said person's family) looses all rights to press criminal or civil charges against persons responsible for the injury or death."

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's a new book but I respect Alan Korwin (Bloomfield Press) and can only assume he has examined this new offering and deems it worthy.

I have purchased several books from him and get his newsletter, all being a good resource, IMHO.

If knife concerns are not on your list he offers a less expensive publication, The Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States that I have and can recommend.

Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States

Another excellent read is the AFTER YOU SHOOT: Your gun's hot. The perp's not. Now what? a worthy purchase.

After You Shoot by Alan Korwin

Raises a great suggestion, The Adnarim Statement.

Adnarim; spell it backwards.....or "reverse" it :eek:

5. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Thanks Cane! I had Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States in my cart, but I got the impression (from the descriptions on the website) that the one I ordered was more detailed for some reason.

I also saw the After You Shoot. If you're recommending it, it'll be on my next order.

Thanks again!

6. hnealg

hnealg New Member

All books have the problem of the delay between writing/printing and being read. The laws are changing rapidly in some areas thanks to work by the grassroots groups and the NRA. You best bet is the check out the website

Handgunlaw.us

This site is constantly being updated with the latest laws and legal decisions. It also has a logical breakdown of our common questions like "can I go in the restuarant or bar?" and "Do I need to tell a law enforcement officer if pulled over?" or "My carry permit isn't valid in this state, can I put a loaded gun in the glove box?"

They also have a link to a similar website that addresses knives.

7. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Looks like a good book. I suppose if I traveled more, I'd get it. I just read up on the five states I'd likely to visit.

I assume the MA chapter is either very long explaining everything, or two words, "Don't bother."

8. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out when I get home. I'd much prefer an online resorce for the same reason you mentioned, but haven't been able to find anything as detailed as I would like.