The stupidity of California citizens

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by molonlabexx, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

It is the right of free people to petition their government. Would you like to see that changed?

2. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Careful, some people only think that's ok when they agree with what's being petitioned.

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Where in the OP does he say they have on right to petition? He just says that the opinion of the petition is favoring is stupid. Seems some think it's only OK to have an opinion when they agree with it.

I agree that wishing a ban on all guns is stupid. So I guess I"m in the wrong too.

4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

This is very true, but a real American would fight to the death to make sure these folks were able to, freely and openly, express their opinions.

5. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Amen brother...

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Yep, fine for them to express their opinion. Having a petition to violate a constitutional right seems stupid to me though. But if people want to be openly stupid, I guess that's their right as well.

Wonder what other amendments we could petition to violate?

7. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Name one...

I clearly disagree with what they're doing but 1A clearly protects their right to do so. Guess we could do as Communist Russia did and arrest any and everyone who speaks out about anything that even remotely goes against the government..? :confused:

8. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

Alex Jones did a survey showing that people would sign a petition to ban dyhidrogen monoxide (h2o - water). Just goes to show how gullible most people are, especially big city folks.

9. towboater

towboater Active Member

There is a BIG difference between going against the government, and going against the constitution.

10. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Not in the eyes of 1A, if it were petitions like this would get you arrested right?

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

So these people have a right to petition to ban all guns. The govt. has a duty not to. THEORETICALLY, pursuing this kind of thing would be useless. In REALITY, they do it because they know something may come of it. Which has been demonstrated many times. So actually, those people aren't really that stupid, are they? Misguided, yes.

12. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

13. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  14. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Guys this isn't about the right or anything. It's to show that people are just signing stuff when they don't even know what this guy is talking about. They even signed when he said " this would take all the guns from the right wing extremists but keep the criminals' guns safe." (Something along those lines). Do they have a right to do this, yes. But the way that they are doing it by not even paying attention is the whole point.

15. JoshH

JoshH New Member

I don't think any of you actually watched the video! The guy with the partition is pro gun! He says stuff to these idiots like "this petition will help ensure that no more law abiding citizens own guns, so only the criminals will be aloud to keep their guns" and "we want door to door confiscation to make sure right wing gun nuts don't have guns any more". The libtards of commifornia just stand their and sign the thing with a blank look like the mouth breathing morons they are. I think I saw Chainfire on there in a Hawaiian shirt asking if he could sign twice :rolleyes:

16. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I lived in Cali for two years. Yep, that is the population I remembered. Video cracked me up though.

17. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

A minority of people banded together and passed an amendment to the constitution to ban alcohol. (Which the majority of Americans ignored until it was repealed.) The repercussions of that poorly thought out but "politically correct" movement are still reverberating down through society today.

We need to be very vocal in countering their actions even though they have the right to their illogical, poorly founded opinions; we have not only the right but the responsibility to present the counter argument.

We need to continue to point out in a calm and reasoned voice that the 2A isn't about the people being in a militia, but the counter force required to balance that militia with an equal level of force to prevent a government of the government for the benefit of the governors to coming into place.

We don't need the US to repeat the costly experiment that the Canadians are currently bringing to a close.

18. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Banning their petition would violate another constitutional right. Whether it's stupid or not depends on the viewpoint. Besides, it's California. You can't expect common sense out of a lot of them. The scary part of this is that the petition is being signed in the 9th US District, home of some of the worst judicial opinions in this country's history.

19. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Name one? The second amendment. Petitioning to do a complete ban on private gun ownership would violate the second amendment right of every citizen.

I agree they do have a right to petition. I do support that right. I just think that it is a stupid effort if the basis of the petition is going to fly in the face of a constitutional amendment guaranteeing a right. I'm not saying to not allow petitions. And going against the bill of rights is not about going against the government. It is about going against the rights of the people. So your analogy with regard to petitioning against the government is flawed.

I don't want to stifle their speech, it would just be nice if they thought through the likelihood of the petition being allowed to actually go anywhere since the constitution and Supreme Court rulings would probably already indicate that there effort is wasted.

I do fight for people's right to express themselves. I'll also allow them to stand up and look like idiots when they are saying something illogical and stupid.

If I wanted to draft a petition to make people allow troops to be housed in their homes it would be equally stupid because there is an amendment protecting people from such things.

That's all I was trying to say about this particular petition.