Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Got #1 last week, like you, no side effects, not even a sore arm. Four weeks till #2, we'll see what happens then.

·
Administrator
34,289 Posts
The reactions usually come with the second vaccination unless you have been exposed and had COVID. The first shot is giving your body the chance to build up the antibodies. The second shot is when the antigen/antibody fight takes place and strengthens the immunity.
Just like with allergies. If you are allergic to strawberries, the first time you eat them, no reaction as it was the first time your body “saw” this foreign thing. So your body builds an army. The second time, the army is ready to fight.
My reaction to the second shot was extreme fatigue. I slept a lot for a day and it was difficult to get anything done. Some of my co-workers had headaches, fatigue, muscle and joint pain. It usually lasts about 24 hours.
If you DO have a reaction, only take Tylenol, NOT naproxen or ibuprofen. Those are anti-inflammatory pain killers and actually, it’s the inflammation process that is building those antibodies.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I've read of various reactions, minor & major, to #2. I'll find out.

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
Got my first wuflu vaccination yesterday.
So far no ill effects, just the usual sore arm from intramuscular shots. Not even as bad as a regular flu shot.
Excuse me now, I'm going to go get some bat soup for breakfast!
Congratulations!

Which chip did you get? I was told that I got the Microsoft chip in my second round. I preferred that one anyway as I have never been a fan of the Apple products, so it all worked out for the best.

I got my second round about a week ago. I had no symptoms, not even a sore arm. 12 hours after the shot, my wife woke up, aching all over, and spent the next 30 hours or so with all of the flu-like symptoms. They went away almost as quickly as they started. The word is that if you are going to have ill effects, it is on the second round. I wonder if the symptoms presented are dependent on blood type. I am in the O+ blood group, which tends to fare better with the virus, so perhaps the group does better with the vaccine as well. It is just speculation though.

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
Chain, I don't Microsoft or Apfel. I opted for the FORD chip. Now simply by putting one thumb in my mouth and the other in my *** I can remote start my cars on cold mornings. I just have to remember not to mix up the thumbs.
Yea, but my GPS is now built in.

Reactions: boatme98

·
Supporting Member
11,988 Posts
Gee! Boat

If I thought it would cause hair to grow on my bald spot on the crown of my head! Where do I sign up! :)

Reactions: boatme98

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Management and I have had both shots. now 2 weeks past the second. Neither she nor I had problems. I did fall asleep playing dominoes the other night. Likely blood sugar, not Pfizer. In our rural area, we're over 10.000 vaccinated with at least shot # 1 with no serious reactions of a newsworthy type. First variant case in Missouri was discovered here recently.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
In Mississippi Over 350,000 have received one or more COVID vaccinations. I got the 2nd over two weeks ago.
It is refreshing to be able to move about without so much concern about the damn virus!

ellis

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
2,461 Posts
Excuse me now, I'm going to go get some bat soup for breakfast!
Chicken of the cave. (Somebody here will get that)

I had COVID in early December. I got my first dose of Moderna vaccine Feb 10. From what I hear, if you've had COVID, one shot is being shown to give terrific resistance...but I'll still get the 2nd dose.

I had some side-effects the day after the shot...fatique, slightly feverish, generally a run-down feeling...but good to go the next day.

·
Administrator
34,289 Posts
Congratulations!

Which chip did you get? I was told that I got the Microsoft chip in my second round. I preferred that one anyway as I have never been a fan of the Apple products, so it all worked out for the best.

I got my second round about a week ago. I had no symptoms, not even a sore arm. 12 hours after the shot, my wife woke up, aching all over, and spent the next 30 hours or so with all of the flu-like symptoms. They went away almost as quickly as they started. The word is that if you are going to have ill effects, it is on the second round. I wonder if the symptoms presented are dependent on blood type. I am in the O+ blood group, which tends to fare better with the virus, so perhaps the group does better with the vaccine as well. It is just speculation though.
So do you have two chips, now? I think I got a new technology chip. It not only tracks me, it also controls my thoughts and actions. 😏 That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Reactions: ellis36

·
Registered
97 Posts
timing was everything in my house.

the wife went last week, and got the Moderna shot..

only a slight soreness of her arm.

i went Tuesday, and got the Pfizer shot, and also only a slight sore arm.

when my daughter set up the appointment, there was only one open spot, that's why the wife went first.

and i gotta tell you, if you thought the lines at Walmart were long for toilet paper......

you shoulda seen the extra long lines for this shot.....

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
How are the vaccine shots billed, do you just show them you insurance card or do you pay them and submit to your coverage, and you know you willed get charged extra for the chip.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They're "free" wherever you get them
Your tax dollars at work. That's why the "disproportionately affected" get the first ones, he who pays goes last.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
I'm on nobody's list for getting a stick, not anytime soon anyway. Not a verifiable old fart, not in the old folks' home yet, not in a high-risk category of any sort, really. Wouldn't surprise me if 2022 came prior to the constraints get removed from who's approved for shots, before I get green-lighted for the vaccine.

Looking on the bright side: one fewer queues to worry about, this year. That's something, at least.

It is good to hear, however, that the success in the lab and trials seems to be holding in the field, and some reports are claiming it appears as though those with the vaccine(s?) seem to be incapable of carrying or transmitting the thing. If that latter aspect turns out to actually be the case, that ought to really put a dent in the ability of Covid-19 to do its work. Time will tell, but at least it's looking hopeful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts