The Sacrificial...........

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by willshoum, May 16, 2011.

1. willshoum

willshoum New Member

:mad: Why dump all your water and waste 0n the south. You made your bed, sleep in the M. F......... I'll take the oil spill and hurricanes with a grain of salt but I'll be damned if I'll put up with the south being sh$t on by the northern states. Flood your own damn back yard,...........:mad: What ever you do, don't move south when you get hungry, Mother nature is coming to pay us a visit. And it Ain't gonna be purty.....:D

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

You do realize that the flooding in lousianna is 110% preventable except for the fact that your democratic leaders for the last several decades squandered all the federsl funds given to them to fix the problems yet they did nothing.

Its no one's fault outside lousianna that new orleans should be sunk back into the swamp instead of abusing everyone else by trying to save that pesthole...

3. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

It's not just Louisiana ya know, several parts of the south are really under water. Hell everytime we have a heavy rain in here someone ends up under water. Same with all over the south it's just not one state. I'm not saying that Louisiana isn't suffering badly but steps could have been taken to help lesson the flooding or attempt to prevent it.

Beside were all Americans when SHTF who else can we turn to, to either help us or completely screw us over.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

There is a reason why the land around the Mississippi river are so fertile. FLOODS Every few years for eons it floods and lays a new layer of fresh organic material down over that entire area. So by stopping floods we are only hurting ourselves.

I know it sucks to be flooded out. Every one that lives in that area knows that floods happen a lot.

5. hogrider

hogrider New Member

What amazes me is that people choose to live in a flood plain rather than move the heck out. Why? And don't say they can't afford to. Can they afford to be flooded!?! I just don't get it.:confused:

6. willshoum

willshoum New Member

AAAAHHHHH Never Never Land......

Where do you live?????? Tornado alley, Kalifornication. Maybe where the next Super Volcano will hit in the State parks. Just saying that the river needs to flood or expand further north as mother nature intended an not create a bottlle neck down river......Do you feel safe where you live.......????:eek:

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Why yes. Yes I do!! :D

[​IMG]

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't know; some of these skeeters are getting freakin big. Hang in there in the swamplands!

edit* I know this is from wikipedia, but if you look down near the bottom at the predicted flood maps put forth by the Corps of Engineers, it seems that most of the area getting flooded would've taken on a good bit of water whether the Morganza got opened up or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morganza_Spillway

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  9. hogrider

hogrider New Member

A river is one thing. A tornado is random. You pretty much know where the river is and where it will flood. Well at least until man changed things. But a tornado, who knows where they'll be. And I agree with as far as mankinds intervention. They should have left it alone and let the floods do their thing. And yes I feel quite safe where I live. And I can't complain or whine about it if one of those unpredictable tornadoes comes by.

10. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Lead in your pencil..........

LOL. I realy get even. I enjoyed that as much as haviing a tooth pulled...... HELLS COMINING TO PAY A VISIT. GET IN LINE.........:D

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I remember the days living only a stones throw from Bayou Manchac, in Ascension Parish, in the 70's and early 80's we flooded out, total loss of the trailer and the second time we repaired the trailer. Years later when I look back on the repair of the trailer, mom should have just replaced it. In the long run the water damn took its toll on it.

Then around mid-80's East Baton Rouge areas was getting nailed the flood water.

I still remember neighbors building these massive earthen dams to keep the water out. They worked, the flood water was at one point at the earthen damn's height, they had to add tarps and sand bags to prevent water from coming over the dam. They loved the house and were not giving up on it, even after getting flooded out many times prior. I do not blame them one bit, would have done the same.

12. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

The whole thing reminds me of a bible-school song from my childhood...Come on, everybody sing...The foolish man built his house upon the sand...the foolish man built his house upon the sand. The rains came down and the floods came up, the rains came down and the floods came up; and the house on the sand went whoosh...:D

I do feel bad for the foolish man...:p But seriously, I do have lots of family around the Poplar Bluff, MO area; up there where they blew the levee. I also remember back in the 70's when it flooded out of the banks.

I don't remember the specifics though, just that my family was 'very concerned' about the River. I'm not sure, and haven't bothered to look it up, but I think they refer to the area as being in a 100-year floodplain. If so, I think they may have underestimated the frequency of the flooding... ;)

13. freefall

freefall New Member

Where I grew up there was a house west of town down on the Nishnabotna bottom that got flooded out about every 3rd year. I remember thinking at age 10, "What a miserable place to live! Why would anybody live like this?" I still wonder...

14. yellowhand

yellowhand New Member

We'll take the extra water

Not a drop of rain here since September 2010, we'll take all the extra water from anywhere!
    Even if we need to run it through filter first from looking at the photo above;)

15. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Humbled

My apologies to all that live north of the intracoastal. Now tell me it's raining.......:eek::D

16. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Dejavue..........

Do you really believe in premonitions........Yea I feel safe where I live.....??????????????????

17. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I believe in climate change and that's what is going on right now. One hundred year floods, tornados, drought, increased rainfall, increased heavy snow falls, earthquakes, changes in weather patterns.

Yes Mother Nature can be a real *****, when you mess with her goodies. ;)

18. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This is the quick way to go, Woody Harrelson on the mountain top with front seat:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUT8g8_Yd2Y]YouTube - ‪2012 DVD Clip - Yellowstone Volcano Erupts‬‏[/ame]

I have 3 non-active volcanoes a very short distance away. In the Jemez Mountains, just north of them we have the Valles Caldera.

This is the center dome, the main road is way back.

[​IMG]

A little ways out we the Capulin Volcano:

[​IMG]

19. freefall

freefall New Member

I too believe in climate change. Remember the Ice Age? And Alaska's North Slope used to be a tropical jungle. It's called weather. It happens and it changes.