The sacred man draw.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Every man has his sacred man draw somewhere in the house. It mainly comprises of man things such as screwdriver bits odd tools the occasional unfired round or forgotten explosive material, :eek: battery's flash lights etc. OK what is in yours. Women have an almost irresistible fascination with what should be disposed of and what should stay. Go figure :rolleyes:

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Sometimes it is very good to be single. :) Other times, there is no one else to be mad at when i misplace something.

On a side note, were i married, i think it might be challenging to tell my wife to "stay out of my drawers" without cracking a smile.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

3. rurak

rurak New Member

If you were married you wouldnt have to tell her to stay out of them! Wedding cake lowers a womans sex drive by 99%

4. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

You should get yourself a nice pet like a bear cub :p

5. orangello

orangello New Member

[​IMG]
    My kitty in my nissan sentra (like almera). I count on him and his assistant to eat any stray bear cubs on the premises. So far, i have not found any uneaten cubs at my place. ;)

6. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Your kitty looks like a bloody mountain lion :eek::D:p

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

OH, "sacred man drawer". I was thinking

"I've heard of a cross-draw,...". Good thing you gave a description,

you had me going there. BTW, perhaps a dictionary, spellchecker, or

thesaurus would be a timely addition to your drawer, OP.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Hahaha........I was misled, too.

I was thinking of what a man might do when walking up to a urinal. ROFL

9. Seven

Seven New Member

A bazillion pencils, dead batteries, broken tape measures, the random screwdriver that has the wrong type tip I need, and I always find random fishing hooks when I'm digging for the screwdriver with the right tip I need.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

the wife generally stays out of my reloading room. my drawer is pretty damn big

11. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I have a draw in the kitchen. It has a crescent wrench, hammer, phillips and regular screwdrivers, AAA, AA, C, D, and 9v batteries, various screws and nails, rubber bands, loose change, various kinds of glue and tape, paper clips, three rounds of 45 ACP, a ruler, two tape measures, a spark plug?, a roll of 35mm film (I should probably have that developed), sun block, a dog collar, frame hangers, various brass casings, flashlight (with dead batteries), twine and string, pens and pencils, a golf ball (haven't played golf in years), a lighter, matches, pocket knife, keys (I have no idea what they are for), fuses, ticket stubs, receipts, I really need clean this out, but don't know what I can do without.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

ROFL........I have a drawer like that in my kitchen, too. Add to it a bunch of twist ties, small medicine cups from when the kids were little, a small funnel, several measuring spoons from different products like Miracle*Gro, a couple of glass test tubes, various caps that don't fit anything, miscellaneous coasters from some bar, diippers for coloring Easter eggs, small tools for carving pumpkins, and a couple of chargers I can't remember what they go to.

13. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Batteries, old pocket knives, pens, pencils, paper, fishing hooks, usually one or more valueless 1980's baseball cards, plastic fishing worms, broken tools of all types, an old shotgun shell (spent) and about 5 live .22lrs in a little cup in the back. Often times I lose my cell phone in there.

14. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

My top dresser drawer is full of the type of stuff you have in mind. Most of it comes out of my pockets to the top of the dresser along with my billfold, knife, keys etc. at bed time, then gets relocated to the top drawer. Other "useful" stuff, that has no fixed home, ends up there as well. Sacred? Maybe, but my wife has no interest in plundering through my stuff anyway.

A signifigant part of a long and happy marriage is the respect of privacy of your spouce, and the trust to not to need to go through their stuff.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Single. Whole house is basically a sacred man drawer.

16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I dunno, it's sort of sacred man drawer, box, milk crate, and section

in the attic, basement, and shed...:eek:

17. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Its not a trust issue in our house its more of a female obsessive tidy syndrome

18. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have to go in his drawers because I put his clothes away.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

As far as trust is concerned...
    I've been in a few long term, committed relationships. I've always had a standing policy. It comes up when a woman asks "will you look in my purse, and get me...". Hell no. I'm handing your purse to you. Here's why: I believe in sharing everything about yourself with your SO, but, a woman's last and final bastion of absolute privacy, where a man has no business being, is her purse. For a man, his wallet and pockets (unless his woman is reaching into his pocket to find something really "special").

Everyone has to have a boundary. A safe place so to speak. This is no excuse to go hiding things that are detrimental to your relationship. No condoms in the wallets or purses because you're sleeping around, no drugs, no "hidden money" (nothing wrong with having your own money, I speak to the intent with which you keep it. Specifically to hide it from your SO, unless they have a real spending or gambling problem, is an issue, ie, to deny it from them. If your saving it for a gift, rainy day, a gift for yourself, or just because you need some pocket cash, is not at all a problem).

This is where the trust comes into play, in regard to this issue, IMHO. A poster I saw on a wall many years ago in high school "integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking".

I'll be doing the right thing. I don't want you to go through my last bastion of personal privacy to check up on me. I'll give the same courtesy. The ex though... What a dumbass. She used my xbox to carry on her affairs. So when I got on, and she left her account up and open, and I saw messages from guys, "hey, I really enjoyed f***ing your brains out the other night"... I wasn't spying. I felt bad because I felt like I was..but then I figured, hell with that, she left the evidence in plain sight. Not my fault, and I did nothing wrong by seeing what was left right in front of me.

20. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Same here... :)