The round you would hate to get shot with

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MobileMarine, Sep 20, 2011.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Ok don't say any as we all know we would hate to be shot . The question is which one are you guys the most afraid of ? Does not matter where other than a head shot as we all know the outcome of those regardless of caliber . It can also be a particular type of ammunition , like the hexalite slug or what ever its called
    For me I would have to say the plain Jane .22 lr due to the lack of *** is has to go thru or to mushroom , hits a bone bounces this way then that way .
    Dad shot one in the house when he was young , it went thru the kitchen floor and out of the closet at the other end of the house .

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

.50 BMG. There are a LOT of survivors of being shot with 22s (one of them is typing this) and just about everything else there is out there- but very few survivors of being hit with a bullet the size of a cigar.

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

A minie ball. As for an actual metallic cartridge probably a .50 BMG aswell.

4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Id much rather be shot with a 22 as to be shot with the 577 t-rex.
    Here it is compared to a 308
    [​IMG]

5. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I think a 12 gauge 3" with #4 shot would give me a bad hair day!
    Arrows and hatchets still scare me worse. :confused:

6. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

After thinking about it, I believe that I would very much not like to be shot with any round. Now if you were to throw it at me, I think I could deal with most rounds;)

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Any 7.62/.30 caliber rounds scares the hell out of me...mean enough to crush bone and tear flesh but fast enough to exit and leave you alive, mangled and in pain for the rest of your days....

8. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

If you can dodge a wrench............you can dodge a ball!

A game of dodge ball with .50 bmg could be quite painful as well.:D

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'd have to say that no foreign objects entering my body at any time except under the influence of a surgeon who has no chance of paying off his student loans in his lifetime because he is so extensively trained would be my best policy.

But still... many convicts agree, the scariest sound to hear when breaking into a house is the "schtick-schtick" of a pump gun. Number 2 scariest sound is a dog barking. I would hate to be hit with ANY shotgun, 410, 12 it doesn't matter. Heck I wouldn't even want to be hit with .22 snake shot at close range.

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

What's that old Texas Ranger quote? "A hit with a .22 is infinitely better than a miss with a .45."

Not getting shot at all would be my preference. I don't expect any of you will do any empirical testing to find the answer.

11. powg

powg New Member

shot at and hit

I dont ever want to be shot ..but the worst would be anything out of a ''junk'' gun such as a jennings ,bryco ,hi-point .....because getting killed is bad enough...but by a cheap gun is so damn embarrasing! :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  12. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

+1

Being shot with a correctly placed .25ACP would still kill me just as dead! :eek:

If I could *CHOOSE* to get shot with ANY round, I'd pick a simunitions round! :D

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

ha ha! My mom carries a Jimenez .22 concealed. It's her "get to the truck gun" She has a M&P .40 in the truck with 2 mags, but it's just to big for her to conceal. She love the little JA, it's supposed to hold 7 or 8 rounds but she never loads more than 5 for reliability, it's accurate as can be considering what it is (all shots on 8 in. paper plate at 10 yards). And she calls it her "noisy cricket" that little thing is freakin LOUD.

14. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

A blunder buss loaded with rocks and forks would suck somthing bad .

15. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

y'know normally I'd steer clear of a thread like this for a number of reasons :rolleyes: but just for the hell of it...Aside from caliber you've got a couple of thousand more variables in the equation like amount of yaw with a high velocity round entering tissue, spin, tumble, tissue displacement, wound cavitation, kinetic energy, all that.

Given all the possibilities, if I had to choose, and if bullet's path could avoid killing me, I guess I'd want a longer, heavier bullet that penetrates so well that it exits my body with most of its kinetic energy intact.

16. PowderBurnBassist

PowderBurnBassist New Member

17. bkt

bkt New Member

Depends on whether you expect to survive or not. A .50 to the sternum is a lot faster way to go than a poop-covered .22 to the thigh but both are lethal.

That said, a Solothurn 20mm anti-tank explosive round would dampen anyone's day....

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Of course, there are THESE...........

40mm.jpg

19. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

40mm hahahaha. I actually met a soldier at the evac hospital who'd got hit in the face with a 40mm HE round that failed to detonate. He was conscious and walking. One side of his face was blue, green, purple, black and yellow.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah I had a friend in SOI who somehow managed to get hit right in the gut with "orange death" training 40mm. It was beautiful. It put him in the hospital for a couple days though for observation.