The RIGHT PLACE, at the RIGHT TIME!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Mark F, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I was hanging out at my favorite gun shop yesterday doing my regular Friday afternoon chit-chat, when this guy comes in with a pistol he couldn't re-assemble. He was trying to change his Phoenix HP22A from a 3" barrel to a 5" barrel. Both he, and the shop owner messed with this pistol for a good 45 minutes. They kept catapulting the slide spring across the shop, and occasionally losing the spring.

Now an hour goes by... and these two guys are pissed off & really frustrated. I just sat there and "silently" laughed at them. FINALLY, they gave up and the pistol was still in pieces. The gun owner was about to leave and he was really cussing the gun. I told him that I would give him 50 bucks for it... he almost took it, then said "give me 85 and this PIECE OF SH!T is yours". So, I paid him 85 dollars cash.

While he & the gun shop owner were standing there, I re-assembled the pistol using the 5" barrel in about 15 seconds.

They both dropped their jaws to the ground... and I bought a cute little Phoenix HP22A for next to nothing!

[​IMG]

Sometimes you just have to be at the RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME.

I might note here, the pistol has never been fired.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i prolly woulda just showed him how to do it :/

3. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Dang, I bet that p!ssed him off! lol nice gun

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That was pretty mean.

5. Highpower

Highpower New Member

6. wb_carpenter

wb_carpenter New Member

I have one without the range kit(5in barrel) and I like it alot(ordering the range kit soon). They have great customer service. I had a early 90's model with about 15k rounds through it(easily) and it developed a cracked frame. I sent it in and they sent me a new one.

7. Mark F

Actually, I did offer to let him have the pistol back and I would show him to change barrels. He said thanks, but no thanks he'd rather have the money.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  8. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

That's more like it. I'd expect nothing less from a Texan. ;)

Good Buy!

9. Mark F

Thanks, DB!

I'll try to field test it before the game tomorrow.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Good save. ;)

11. Mark F

Well...

It shoots OK, if you happen to like rimfires. I can keep ten shots in a quarter at 10 yards with no problem. I'm just not much of a fan of 22's. But today I got mental flash... I normally use a GAMO Sportsman to control the squirrel population in my yard. SO, I bought some SUBSONIC 22's and tried them out today. The 22 subsonics in the Phoenix are quieter than my Gamo Pellet rifle!!!! So guess what I'm using to cap squirrels? You got it! My new little Phoenix PH22A. GO FIGTURE!

The subsonics don't have enough blow-back energy to cycle the pistol, but that's OK. I simply rack another round in it.

This is a nifty little pistol.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

NO, it's a nifty little $85 pistol!

Nice snag Mark.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That is a nice looking little plinker for $85.

14. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'll give $90 to get that POS out of your safe......