The rampages are becoming more frequent...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by janikphoto, Apr 8, 2009.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

It seems like these multiple shootings are happening almost every day now. The sad thing is that certain people will blame the guns and not the people. These are happening because people are trying to externalize their extreme distress. Not because they own a firearm.

During the great depression (the first one, not this one that seems to be developing), suicide rates were insane. Did the government decide to ban rope so people couldn't hang themselves?!?

If gun bans happen because of the increased rampages, it won't stop the violence. Someone will just decide to drive their car into a busy playground or set fire to a church or hospital. We need to fix the problem, not the tool used...

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

yah well when the NRA is not on point nor the GOA what do we do?

3. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

No one can stop the insanity at its apex. Guns are readilly available and very effective, thus making them popular for mass victimization. However, if it weren't guns, it would easily be motor vehicles, bladed weapons or even home-made explosive or incendiary devices. And sometimes all of the above as seen at Columbine High School for example. Within higher intellict deviants you will witness chemical and or biological components.

When social order gets out of balance, a certain percentage of the population resorts to varoius levels of destruction as a solution. Thereby you witness more suicides, more mass killings, organized hostile rebellions, and occasionally assassinations.

There has always been turmoil in the world and there will always will be. However when it's in your own backyard it becomes a serious issue. And right now we have big issues! We have very greedy people in high places, we have record high unemployement, our retirement savings has been stolen, and the US economy is falling like a house of cards. Everyone is pointing the finger at someone else for these failures, and not taking responcibility for their own actions or lack of action. The general public had willfully turned a blind eye to the pollitical corruption because "times were good" for most all of us. Now we have to reap what we sow...

Many people are looking for an easy way out. There isn't any, except for those weak pitiful people that kill themselves and or others. It's going to take at least a few "honest" generations to clean this mess up. Therefore... you will be be either be part of the the solution, part of the problem. or dead.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Mark that is dead on. I could not have said it better.

I think the NRA should have a team of people to help families and others impacted by these crimes with counseling and stuff along that line. It would go a long way to helping up gun owners not look like a bunch of drunken morons who will kill anything at the drop of a hat.

5. WDB

WDB New Member

I agree the NRA or the GOA are doing a duck/cover on this issue and should being doing something proactive. On line or phone line offering counseling to streesed members. A few well written articles on how to deal with stress or what to look for if a love one is dealing with stress or loss. Anything that would help afirm that they understand these are trying times and offer some resources for dealing with the stress. Both beat the drum that we are responsible gun owners so be responsible and make an effort help prevent future events like those we have recently seen.

I don't get a warm fuzzy with the lack of any response by NRA or GOA but expect if hell rains down new gun control they will email, phome and mail all of us telling us it's time to get involved and speak up. I'm going to ask why they hadn't already taken steps to do something proavtive.

I emailed NRA earlier today expressing much of this and asking them to get involved now.

6. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

People always need a scapegoat.

I was a high school student when Columbine went down, and the reaction was not only the attack on guns, but an attack on the rights of students. Random locker and backpack searches, mandatory school ID's to be worn at all times, students called to the office and bogged down for "questionable attire," ect.

My point is that no one stopped to think that cracking down on the students only increased the tension. Hallway fights, thefts, vandalism, all reached an all-time high that year at my school. So they cracked down harder. Which only made things worse.

No one stopped to think that these kids didn't do what they did because they had guns. They went on a rampage because their teachers ignored them, their fellow students mocked them, and they honestly felt like no one gave a damn.

I'm not defending their actions. But do you think it would have happened if they had better mentors, more involved teachers, and more understanding and supportive peers?

We don't stop these tragedies by limiting firearms and stomping on individual rights. We stop them by taking an active interest in the people around us, by helping people, being understanding, and taking an interest. We pay attention to those around us, talk to them when they need it, offer condolences and support.

Penn Gillette said, "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws. That's insane!"

7. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

We are all savage in nature...to the bookie to the construction worker.

When the chips are down and **** hits the fan...we'll start eating each other if someone hits the right nerve.....money troubles and family business just happen to be the main pressure points.

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

This is the result of uncertainty, fear, and hopelessness that many feel and a few are unable to cope with, the lemming syndrome!!

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Banning guns because of the violence makes about as much sense as Columbine banning camoufladge clothing on their campus because the gunman wore BDU's when they commited their cowardly crime.

Too bad the educated idoits in Washington don't see it the way rational thinking American gun owners see it. The world would be a better place if everyone had a gun at all times. Think about it, these mass shootings don't happen at gun shows and MG shoots.

10. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

But they are now happening at gun ranges, the antis are going to have fun with this one.

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

When and where? There have been accidentals but I've not heard of any rampages at gun ranges.

12. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

13. Mark F

If you read my post #3 you'd understand that this person acted out PRECISELY as I predicted. There is no way any sort of intervention would have prevented this. And, you can bet your life that all these self-serving anti-gun fukks will profess that gun control is the answer... well, they are pissing in their own boots. What these morons REALLY should appreciate is the fact that... the lady didn't take any other people but her kid & herself. ***It's going to happen, again, again, and agian***

I know it seems like you hear more and more about this kind of action, but in reality, it's nothing more than a media circus with an agenda.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  14. Mark F

Actually, yes.

Humans have a DNA strand of natural brutallity. We have documented this for thousands of years and we haven't lost it. The difference is, some people can suppress this urge better than others. The Romans made a spectacle of human carnage, and they LOVED IT. Humans really like gore. Don't LIE! As gruesome as an automoblie crash may be... you will look. And if it's really bad you'll look even longer or you may even stop. You'll be disgusted, you may even throw up.. but you'll take in as much gore as you can. You witness this EVERY TIME there's an event that creates carnage. Don't deny it... you hang out at those brutal scenes hoping to catch a glimpse... while you're telling the "other" on-lookers "how awful this is".

Humans are the only species on Earth that take pleasure in obliterating their own kind... and any reason will suffice: Religion, Culture, Politics, SPORTS!, and whatever. It makes no difference as long as the end result is the same.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  15. tallgeese

tallgeese New Member

It's the gut reaction that most people have that need to blame something for an act that they can't wrap their head around. Rather than admit that we're still a highly violent race of crtitters they jump at the chance to make the easy scapegoat take the blame rather than deal with the real issues at hand. And they hate to accept that there are always going to be some acts that are out of their control no matter what laws are on the books.

16. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

This is the absolute truth. You don't blame the car for the drunk driver... These kids were mad at the world. We need to figure out how to stop that issue.

and regarding the murder suicide mentioned in an above post... This was a quote from her suicide note:

"Moore said she could have killed only herself but felt she had to "save" her son and do it in a public way so the world could also be saved. "Hopefully when I die, there will 1,000 years of peace."

Does that quote not tell you she had some major problems?!? Anyone who thinks god has singled them out as someone more special than everyone else is crazy and/or stupid. God doesn't do that. Chemical imbalance does.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009