The Question Is WHY ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by anm2_man, Jan 14, 2009.

1. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

I guess I don't really understand why a thread titled "Bump Fire Legality" gets 14k views and 35 responses while a question about a set of parts for one of the most original MG's (Developed by Maxim) gets 43 views and 1 response. :( Tell me why ? Flame away :D

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I really wish that this forum required that users enter their birth date during registration.

Most of it is just people wanting to look cool. I'd imagine that a large portion of the people that posted to that thread wouldn't have the faintest idea on what a Maxim is.

3. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

Matt

You are probably right. This country has degenerated into a class of Illegal persons !:mad:

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Maxim? That's a magazine with mostly undressed chicks, isn't it? Kids and mall ninjas wanna view the tacticool threads. They have no idea what a watercooled machinegun is. They would not know the difference between an HMG and an SMG.

5. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

Well at least there are a couple of us who understand the NFA and old MG's

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'll be honest...my generation and those that follow it suck. I'm 27 and most of the people my age suck. They have no idea what personal responsibilty it, they have no respect for their elders, they don't respect the family unit and if it isn't brand spanking new they aren't interested. I grew up working on/restoring cars well older then I. So much so that I bought my first car at the age of 14, a 1967 Mustang Fastback(this was years before that gay excuse for a car elenor). I LOVE old stuff, it's just so cool! It's simple yet intriguing, it's a piece of history for crying out loud!!!

I own 8 firearms. 3 of them were built before 1970, the oldest goes back to the 30's. One was a few years old when I bought it at the age of 12, my first and I'll fight you by hand to the death for it. I have 2) 16ga's because I grew up hearing about them and wanted one for myself. Once I had one I was hooked.

You can only reinvent the wheel so many times. Old guns, old cars, old ideals were strong and reliable. You can't improve on that....

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would be surprised if most of the people who posted in that thread could IDENTIFY a Maxim Machine Gun. Beyond that, I have never personally worked on one, so even I can't say I would be of help in getting you the right parts. :D

JD

8. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Maxim machine gun-water cooled machine gun developed during WW1, designed by Hiram Maxim. I can't remeber the exact year that it was developed but I do remember that he sold it to both sides during WW1.

HMG=Heavy machine gun-------Browning M2 .50BMG
    SMG=Sub-machine gun------H&K MP5 9mm

See, I'm 24 and I know.

9. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

There's too many of these lurking around:

[​IMG]

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I don't know much about automatic weapons. I am a student of history, so I know what a Maxim is. I served in the Air Force, but wasn't around automatic weapons even though I worked the flight line. I was around forklifts and tugs.

I don't enter too many of the debates on more technical legal issues either, because my background isn't in the law. However, I fully understand the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I just turned 59 yesterday and have no need to impress anyone, including myself. I try to measure my words and practice restraint of tongue and pen and that includes keyboard as well these days.

I want to lead a good and productive life. I want to live quietly in the country. I love my Country, but hate what it is becoming. I don't back water from any man and I will fight for me and mine.

'Nuff said. ;)

11. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

The Purpose of this thread was not to flame anybody other than those who think its cool to Bump fire - which is totally illegal in the eyes of BATF.

Now I'm 65 years old and I also have no need to impress anybody, but if you want to create a political argument about bump fires and Maxim Machine guns, please do it in the political section of this forum !

12. matt g

I also find it funny that there is more interest in your thread that is whining about other peoples' interest in bump fire than there is in the MG mount that you and your buddy fabricated from scratch.

13. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

Matt

I really wasn't whining, but I felt that a discussion about a weapon that was developed over 100 years ago deserved more responses than that of an illegal activity. But moving it to the club house is ok with me.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

BUMP FIRING IS NOT ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Now what you are asking is very specialized knowladge that now all people are going to know. Now if you are a student of firearms you know what a Maxim MG is what it was and what it did for modern warfare.

That does not mean you know where to get parts for it. You would be better off calling a collector or Knobb Creek as they deal in a lot of Class 3 firearms. If you have class 3 firearms more connected and more well off then 99.9% of us on this board.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  15. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

My specialty was one which fires 6k RPM of 20MM, but you can't very well carry it at work. [​IMG]

16. matt g

Sorry, bad choice of words. I like to keep the specialized sections on topic. I also felt that you'd gain more exposure for your discussion here, as few people frequent the Class III section.

17. matt g

Keep it civil folks.

18. XMPnPA

XMPnPA New Member

Sit down and shut up is under used.

I'm 28, and working on the outer edge of a generation that I see as getting softer and more mouthy as younger people become adults. I think they got coddled a little to much and didn't have to work to learn to appreciate things. I guess every generation says that about the generation that follows them... well I'll continue that tradition.

19. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

I know what you mean about our generation.. i grew up as a Marine brat.. i wouldnt say i grew up in a strict household.. but i grew up knowing my limits and i was a well disciplined person..most people are agae are burn outs