The Providence City, R.I. Gun Ban

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Heads Up!

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_...ence-city-council-wants-dangerous-guns-banned

Council wants dangerous guns banned
    Providence resolution approved Thursday night
    Updated: Friday, 04 Jan 2013, 12:43 PM EST
    Published : Friday, 04 Jan 2013, 6:25 AM EST
    By Dan Carpenter
    Field reporting by Jennifer Mobilia

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - The Providence City council spent their first meeting of 2013 debating a gun control measure.

On Thursday night, the panel passed a resolution, that will ask the General Assembly to ban semi-automatic weapons statewide.

Council Majority Leader Seth Yurdin proposed the legislation, which comes in the wake of last month's tragic school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

"They're designed for the battle field," Yurdin said of the weapons.

Yurdin says changes to gun laws are long overdue, and fellow councilor David Salvatore agreed.

"I'm proud to support this resolution," Salvatore said.

Others, like Councilor Nicholas Narducci, said the focus should be on violent video games instead of guns.

Councilor Luis Aponte also opposed the resolution, saying it would only impact those who bought their guns legally, and registered them.

The resolution passed by an 8-6 vote.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

aside from him ... all the others should be dropped in the ocean with rocks tied around their necks! :cool:

3. SaynotoDemocrats

SaynotoDemocrats New Member

What happens if you already own a few semi-autos? I wonder if you're grandfathered.

4. SaynotoDemocrats

SaynotoDemocrats New Member

RI has lost 24,000 residents since 2004 due to lack of jobs, high taxes, political corruption, and the list goes on. NOW they want to vote for gay marriage and take away our guns!!! Thats the last straw! If that happens, I'll be the next to move to another state! Its totally not necessary!

5. 1911love

1911love New Member

Is this ban even legal?

6. Cshooter

Cshooter Member

While I unfortunately live in RI, I'm glad at least I don't live in Providence. However, I don't expect this to go anywhere soon. I read they hope to get it looked at in early 2014.

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

IMHO that's subject to debate:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/rhodeisland.pdf

I doubt it. This could get interesting.

8. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

WTF???
    Isn't that what the 2nd amendment was written for??? For a state side battle field should the time come that it is needed???

9. charlesmar

charlesmar New Member

What about assault nerf guns with high cap?

10. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

11. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Don't forget this now .... :rolleyes:

s 1867 PASSED, MAKES AMERICA A DESIGNATED BATTLEFIELD, AMERICANS DESIGNATED ENEMY COMBATANTS

A provision to the National Defense Authorization Act going before the Senate today would turn America into a “battlefield,” says supporter Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina.), and would allow the president of the United States the power to detain citizens domestically without trial, allowing the US military to act as law enforcement over their own civil

http://postamericana.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/rand-paul-vs-battlefield-usa-s-1867-rt/

Also this coming from the city who's one time mayor buddy cianci was sending state police on extortion payment pick-ups from small businesses in Providence. This mayor was arrested for rackateering , served 10 years , released and then re-elected as mayor xD Think sopranos only the cops were in on it too .

I come from RI and grew up there in johnston just outside providence. That place is crooked as the day is long. I put money on the mob lobbying for this so extortion payments would be that much less dangerous for the soldiers.

I had a sub history teacher Ray petriacha and one day he didnt show up. We were like wheres Mr. Petriacha??? Well , it turns out he and his father Ray petriacha senoir ( head of the petriacha crime family ) had been indicted by grand jury on a litany of charges . And this guy was my middle school teacher.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  12. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

I recall a time in the past when a judicious application of tar and or feathers was used to remind elected officials just where they are supposed to turn to when they committed unlawful acts...
    ;)

eldar

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Ahhhhh, the good ole' days :cool: